Francis Ngannou……

Fury's timing wasn't there, as he stated after the fight. You could see it for yourself during the contest. Ngannou also looked completely roided out. If he could show as well again in a rematch, off of the steroids, then it would be more valid to say he is a bad man.
He isn't on steriods. He had to cut weight to make 265 in the UFC and they use USADA. He's just a huge dude. Ngannou has been tested for roids, for years, far more strenuously than anyone in boxing ever has and passed every test. Boxing is an incredibly dirty sport so I suppose I get where you're coming from but if you knew anything about who you are talking about you'd know he doesn't need drugs. If anything, roids would inhibit his boxing performance because he'd be so dense he'd gas out. Obviously, gassing out at his size isn't a big problem for him.

I've seen roided out muscle men lighter than Ngannou box before and they gas out fast.

IMO, the biggest controversy was the announcers falling all over themselves praising Ngannou for overcoming all the alleged adversities in his life. But crickets when it came to talking about Fury's struggles, which were many. Including depression and suicidal thoughts.
This was Ngannou's first introduction to boxing fans. I would imagine most boxing fans are already aware of Tyson's background. Personally, I have no time for announcers anyway and just mute it as I'm interested in the contest and not the useless drama to sell it. Fantastic match, either way.

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
This was Ngannou's first introduction to boxing fans. I would imagine most boxing fans are already aware of Tyson's background. Personally, I have no time for announcers anyway and just mute it as I'm interested in the contest and not the useless drama to sell it. Fantastic match, either way.
Boxing and MMA fans overlap a lot. Most fans are well aware of who Ngannou is. Especially since ESPN usually covers both. It was clearly obvious he was their little darling. The entire show was wayyyyy overhyped, though. More hype than fighting, actually.

Boxing and MMA fans overlap a lot. Most fans are well aware of who Ngannou is. Especially since ESPN usually covers both. It was clearly obvious he was their little darling. The entire show was wayyyyy overhyped, though. More hype than fighting, actually.
All fights are more hype than fighting. None of it bothers me because I choose to consume zero hype. Advertising is the rule of the day and they'll say anything to sell another PPV.