From the seller of the M3T "perfect clones"..Anyone seen this laser? Pics and link...

Wangstang

Newly Enlightened
From the seller of the M3T "perfect clones"..Anyone seen this laser? Pics and link...

First let me say that I am in no way associated with the sale or manufacture of the following product. The person selling these lasers also sells the M3T "Perfect Clone" that stired up a ton of debate in the Incandescent forums. As far as I can tell, there is no trade mark duplication on this product, but I am curious to know if this is another knock off or if it's an original idea/product.

So here it is:

gl.gif

gl-1.gif

gl-2.gif

gl-3.jpg

Link to the item with description:
http://www.dragonredairsoft.com/airsoft/viewProduct.action?productID=22215

High quality green laser with QD mount.
feature:
Full metal construction
External Adjustment X-Y axis
Wave length: 532mm
Ouput: 12mv
Battery: CR123A
Battery life:4 hours( Continuous operation )
Length: 120mm

Clearly it's marked as an AirSoft product, but I am curious to know if it's copy of some other company's work or if this is an AirSoft market only laser.

Anything stand out as a bad idea or problem about the laser?

Anyone own one of these?

Thanks,
Wes

Last edited:

Freyth

Enlightened
Re: From the seller of the M3T "perfect clones"..Anyone seen this laser? Pics and lin

Never seen one of those.

Definitely not for laser enthusiast.
Doesn't give a clear documentation of its specifications.

Doesn't seem like it's got a good divergence... but maybe it's just the photos.

nero_design

Enlightened
Re: From the seller of the M3T "perfect clones"..Anyone seen this laser? Pics and lin

Likewise, I have no afilliation with the manufacturer either but it looks just like this one which I purchased off eBay earlier in the year. Says 20mW 635nm on the case but the diode is a 35mW green @ 532nm. These all come from China. Some pics I took just for the forum when i wrote about it before:

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

These were pretty affordable from memory. I THINK I got it for around the $39-49 mark with postage on top of that... I mounted it on a 1700's Flintlock Pistol which seems to amuse visitors when they stop by. Output is stable and comes with allen key, mounting clamp and both a pressure switch AND an alternate 'On-Off+press' button switch. Unless you want one for serious weapon mounted use (go and buy a high end one for this use in my opinion), this is pretty affordable and VERY suited to Astronomical uses of telescope mounting. Bound to be clones out there but I THINK these come from the Chinese Army. Apart from output being incorrectly printed, the wavelength is likewise incorrectly listed/printed and should read 532mm, NOT 636nm. They also have the wrong class of laser printed on the case... it says Class 3a. It's certainly not as it's a true 35mW. They probably just use the old case design and replace the diode system inside. No beam fluctuation so it's fine for my hobbies.

Last edited:

rapt

Newly Enlightened

I like the photos nero. Are you a professional photographer? or is it just a hobby like lasers?

allthatwhichis

Enlightened

Says 20mW 635nm on the case but the diode is a 35mW green @ 532nm.

medium.jpg

... Apart from output being incorrectly printed, the wavelength is likewise incorrectly listed/printed and should read 532mm, NOT 636nm...

This is kinda funny. I emailed the seller about 6 months ago telling them that the color and wavelenth were wrong and they said they would "check into it"... :ironic:

What is that beast in the picture you have this thing attached to?
thinking.gif