• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: 123 body for Ion (Formerly Mystery battery body)

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Not so mystery battery body(s)

I don't think this is so bad . . . If you don't like it, you can always sell...

Afterall, why would one not want a 123-tube for their Ion ?
I do own a (non matching) Alu-Bronze...

I have not received it yet, but I like the idea.
I did the opposite with my CR2 tubes for Arc LS heads...

It's personal preference...
Thanks for making these and great efforts !
Cheers !

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast

Folks,

I have had nothing to do with this project and was not aware of it at all until someone linked me to this thread. This is entirely yclo's doing. I do not sell parts, please do not contact me asking to purchase heads separately or anything of that nature, sorry.

-Enrique

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thats it im tossing my body.:rant:

Next time you come up with a bright idea Yclo,atleast make it to match the colors of the light you intended it for.
I really thought this was a part of a light you would make.

That beeing said i dont blame you for my stupidity.Either way it was fun as long as it lasted.And im sure others will apriciate these more than i would.

You were trying to do a good thing
And thats a +1 in my book :)

Sorry for the above Rants...must be the booze talking.
Benny

Last edited:

yclo

Flashaholic*

Initially I had named the title of this thread as "Mystery battery bodies" because when I post long posts, I prefer to submit an outline of what I want to post first and then go and edit it. This way even if anything happens when I'm typing, I still have a "saved" copy to fall back on.

When I was editing, I thought it would be interesting to see whether anyone would be curious enough to purchase something without knowing what it was. Even though it was clear that no one knew for sure what it was, many expressed interest and had their own hopes of what they speculate the battery body was for.

But obviously this battery body can not be compatible with everything, so there will be some people who are disappointed that the body does not meet their expectations. And I don't blame you, I would be disappointed too if I bought something that didn't meet my expectation.

However, the point I'm trying to make is that it was quite clear that you are buying a mystery item, and that there was a chance that it will not fit what you thought it would fit.

But I guess you can't please everyone, that's one thing I won't be trying again.

As Endeavour said a few posts up, please do not contact him about purchasing heads as a part. The Ion is a wonderful light in its CR2 form factor and many colour choices. The 123 body I have here complete ruins the look of the Ion and its sole purpose is only to extend the runtime and/or use up those half used 123's.

-YC

easilyled

Flashaholic
YC, you are quite right in that there is no pleasing everyone.

It was completely clear that buying the body was a bit of fun - a bit
like a raffle ticket in that it would suit some more than others.

Even though I didn't buy a body, I found it refreshing and entertaining
to speculate (and be proved correct ;) )

easilyled

Flashaholic
Just to let you guys know that YC did actually offer me a free body
for guessing correctly which was very generous. :wow:

Because I am probably going to sell my CR2 ion, I declined the kind
offer but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine in today. Luckilly i've already found a buyer for it. The quality of the knurling is bad as stated in the origonal post. And there is no provision to use the split ring holes and still retain nice straight tail-stand ability such as the Arc AA has.

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eh, no skin off my back. A mystery is a mystery. While I will most likely sell mine off since I don't have an ion of my own to swap heads with, no hard feelings here over it. I may actually use is as a test body for an anodizing / plating shop once I find a finish different than the rest, or maybe just haIII. That way I can see if the shop is good at masking threads and whatnot.

Can always sell it anodized later anyways.

yclo

Flashaholic*
Hallis said:
Got mine in today. Luckilly i've already found a buyer for it. The quality of the knurling is bad as stated in the origonal post. And there is no provision to use the split ring holes and still retain nice straight tail-stand ability such as the Arc AA has.

Actually, it can tail-stand with a split ring.

436148496_7a5bbfcdcf_o.jpg

-YC

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received mine today.
I'm at work and did not test this with an Ion Head yet, but I don't think
think the would be such an issue.

The knurls are not "bad" but are quite agressive.
Compared "regular" knurls, these are inverted...

Getting a split ring in both holes is quite tricky, but doable.
I might decide to file-open one of the holes, similar to the Arc AA.

Overall-build quality 9/10.
Cons: Different knurling / minor deburring.

Cheers !

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast

yclo said:
As Endeavour said a few posts up, please do not contact him about purchasing heads as a part. The Ion is a wonderful light in its CR2 form factor and many colour choices. The 123 body I have here complete ruins the look of the Ion and its sole purpose is only to extend the runtime and/or use up those half used 123's.
-YC
Why not do a run of cans and head-caps where you would only need to drop in the sammie-pill and a reflector ? Bingo ! :sold:
(pm sent)