• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: 15W Ostar SureFire L6

proline

Enlightened
Received the light. Clicky switch is funky as those particular Surefire switches have been known to be. I'll work it over later with the published fixes. I put one of my SW02's on it and it works perfect.

The light itself is very nice. Built on a brand new L6, I fired it up with the stock three primaries it came with and thought hmmm not as bright as I was hoping for. But when I put in three 3.7 volters as it was design for, it lit up real nice.

Has a cool white tint, decent enough beam pattern, and is very bright on high.
I have not run it long on high to test the heat build up yet. Mostly on and off so far.

Not ever having on Osram 6 die Ostar before, I was concerned about aberrations in the beam. Other than a just barely and I mean just barely if you look hard at it on a wall, thin soft gray line in the very center of the hot spot, it has a really decent beam pattern with enough side spill.

Overall, I really like it. $600 expensive but then what really nice custom light is not these days.

Nicely done... :thumbsup:

Thank you,
proline... :D

Last edited:

Britelumens

Enlightened
Hi Proline,

Thanks you for your feedback and appreciation on this custom build Ostar SureFire L6.:thumbsup:

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens