• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Azco Ti 16340

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apologies, I did not see this post. Thank you, long time lurker. Had to join after seeing this beauty. Have a hard time not walking out with this light.
16lavm.jpg

^^^what the heck... cool pic man how'd you do that?

Wait is that a screen grab from a Star Trek episode?

Last edited:

TacoHerder

Newly Enlightened
This is in the back of a EMC VNX5500. It is sitting on top of some fiber cables plugged into their ports. The colored lights are simply all the different led indicators for all the parts. This light pumps out more than enough power as well. Very impressed. Cant wait to buy another Tain.

^^^what the heck... cool pic man how'd you do that?

Wait is that a screen grab from a Star Trek episode?

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got mine in today and have removed the clip for trit installation later tonight. My 1.5mm hex fit very nicely, no slipping or rounding or any other issues with removal.

Since I'm here, here's a couple of gratuitous photo of my un-adorned light. It'll only look like this for a few more hours:
YnFfSDV.jpg

7LJBZKj.jpg

Hey what's the advantage to installing the trits yourself? I imagine you're probably saying a few bucks but I can't believe that's the reason.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is in the back of a EMC VNX5500. It is sitting on top of some fiber cables plugged into their ports. The colored lights are simply all the different led indicators for all the parts. This light pumps out more than enough power as well. Very impressed. Cant wait to buy another Tain.

Very cool!

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey what's the advantage to installing the trits yourself? I imagine you're probably saying a few bucks but I can't believe that's the reason.

A few bucks, but its not much at all, especially with Tain. He's charging 8.50 a tube installed and most places sell just the tube for 6. So its what, maybe a $18 difference on a light like this -- not much. For me, probably the big thing is that I just like doing things myself. Most of my lights are modded in some way, just to make it feel more like mine I guess. So I like knowing that I did my own trit work on this light.

But there's another big one: Tain says in his first post that shipping times could vary based on trit stock. I just hate the idea that my awesome new light may be sitting on a table somewhere in Taiwan waiting on some trits to be installed (or maybe even delivered), when it could be here in my hand waiting on those trits. So I ordered the light bare hoping for the fastest possible shipping, and simultaneously ordered trits from my normal source. I have no idea if it got me my light faster or not, but at least I tried :)

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few bucks, but its not much at all, especially with Tain. He's charging 8.50 a tube installed and most places sell just the tube for 6. So its what, maybe a $18 difference on a light like this -- not much. For me, probably the big thing is that I just like doing things myself. Most of my lights are modded in some way, just to make it feel more like mine I guess. So I like knowing that I did my own trit work on this light.

But there's another big one: Tain says in his first post that shipping times could vary based on trit stock. I just hate the idea that my awesome new light may be sitting on a table somewhere in Taiwan waiting on some trits to be installed (or maybe even delivered), when it could be here in my hand waiting on those trits. So I ordered the light bare hoping for the fastest possible shipping, and simultaneously ordered trits from my normal source. I have no idea if it got me my light faster or not, but at least I tried :)

Great post! I appreciate your candor. I suspected as much, and I think putting your own touch on your lights is admirable... I hope to be there someday.

Just so happens I'm looking to learn how to acquire and install trits at this very moment. :)

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally got all my trits delivered and installed, so I took some pics of my Azco today. I really like this light. Its a great, small size and feels really good to hold both normally and in a "cigar" grip. And I really like the addition of a pocket clip, something most Tain lights don't seem to have. This is my first Tain, probably not my last, but looking through some of his other designs from the past, I've gotta say I think this is one of the best all-around lights he's done, at least in the smaller "edc-friendly" sizes.

...but then again maybe most Tains are shelf queens anyway. Not mine. :)

thI5blM.jpg

fNu5KLY.jpg

OK0Y5Me.jpg

cD1stVt.jpg

3Br4pFS.jpg

sXhCvvI.jpg

PS: What on earth is an Azco anyway? Does that word mean something?