• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: M3 Titanium Bezels "Crenelated" Styles

RPM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry guys for the lack of updates... my oldest son is on leave from the Army and we are spending what time we have with him. He's being deployed to Afghanistan in May and well... you get the idea.

I have a list going to keep track of the interest and I hope to get this sales thread going next week.

FYI... Some light/body/tail combos will require a battery spacer to get the negative end of the battery to within approx. 1/4" of the end of the battery tube.
I will make these available with the tails at a reasonable cost. I found this out when installing a tail on my SF Fury and recall this was the case on the original run.

R-

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Understand, As a journalist, I cover the arrival and departure ceremonies of Army, USMC, and Naval units.

Hope he stays safe over there.

Just dont let me forget about the switches, please...

Thanks,

With all best wishes to your family,

Ned Redway

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
@RPM some questions on the bezel ring:
1. Who no drive notches on this run?
2. Can these be fitted onto the older style (Pyrex-lensed round ribbed/hex-based) bezel assys?
3. Any plans for lightly crennellated styles soon? (These here are a bit too aggressive and too long IMHO.)

Last edited:

RPM

Flashlight Enthusiast
@RPM some questions on the bezel ring:
1. Who no drive notches on this run?
2. Can these be fitted onto the older style (Pyrex-lensed round ribbed/hex-based) bezel assys?
3. Any plans for lightly crennellated styles soon? (These here are a bit too aggressive and too long IMHO.)

1. It adds time and cost... They aren't needed to seat the new bezels... I think they look better without them...
2. I can't say... I don't have one to test.
3. No and no
Based on the sales of this run... these are the last.

R-

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
@RPM I also can't notice the difference between chamfered and non-chamfered model. Can you add pics?

And if these bezel rings require teva install only then how can I actually tighten it effectively onto the head without the risk of water leaking?

RPM

Flashlight Enthusiast
@RPM I also can't notice the difference between chamfered and non-chamfered model. Can you add pics?

And if these bezel rings require teva install only then how can I actually tighten it effectively onto the head without the risk of water leaking?

??? The pictures clearly show the extra chamfers by the crenelation "notches"

The bezel can be tightened enough by hand with a rag over the crenelations.
I don't think SF intended these to be submersible or waterproof, maybe splash proof.
I don't remember an o-ring in the M3 head assembly to make it waterproof.
If you want you can apply something to the threads when the bezel is installed.

R-

DragonHead

Enlightened
3, Style "M3-TC", Available
I would like to reserve this please.. I need a removal tool as well.
Just need a few days to get some cash into my PP
Thanks, Howard

tpetsch

Newly Enlightened
4, Style "M3-TC", Available

I would like this and a removal tool, Thanks!

Last edited:

Billbo

Newly Enlightened
I will take

7, Style "M3-TC",
Available

+ a removal tool

(PM follows because I want to buy a tailcapswitch too)

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my M3 bezel back from RPM today and, boy howdy, this thing is BEAUTIFUL!!!

I really cannot express how wonderful RPM was/is to work with and cannot explain the incredible caliber of his craftsmanship. This Ti bezel (the M3-T, specifically) truly adds that extra special touch to the Surefire M3.

Thank you RPM, not only for this Ti ring, but for helping me out by loosening my bezel assembly for this ring and, furthermore, aiding me in fixing my KT4 bezel. You're the man!

here's a quick shot of it:
m3%20ti%20bezel.jpg

edit: in the above pic, I don't have the ring tightened down all the way simply because I'm about to install a Nailbender D36 module in it :)

m4a1usr

Enlightened
Just discovered that your M3 Bezel fits the 9AN Commander head. Gives a nice aggressive look too! However one needs to get a thinner lens from Customlites for everything to fit perfectly. They have the 37mm tempered glass on the web page.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just discovered that your M3 Bezel fits the 9AN Commander head. Gives a nice aggressive look too! However one needs to get a thinner lens from Customlites for everything to fit perfectly. They have the 37mm tempered glass on the web page.

ohh nice find!

RPM: what does the bead blast option look like? IIRC you offered that upgrade/option at one point?

RPM

Flashlight Enthusiast
ohh nice find!

RPM: what does the bead blast option look like? IIRC you offered that upgrade/option at one point?

Yes, every so often someone wants them bead blasted.
Another option is to use "Scotchbrite" on the surface to give it "matte" apperance... less bling than polished.
Here is a link to the original sales thread with some pics.

R-