G2X or Tactician

Revcov

Newly Enlightened
I'm trying to decide between a newer G2X (600 lm version) or a Tactician for a higher powered EDC. Not especially tactical or to be used with a weapon but just to have a more powerful light when I'm headed into the city in the evenings. Otherwise my microstream covers the bases but am feeling the need for more Lumens and would appreciate opinions between the two.

LRJ88

Enlightened
I'm trying to decide between a newer G2X (600 lm version) or a Tactician for a higher powered EDC. Not especially tactical or to be used with a weapon but just to have a more powerful light when I'm headed into the city in the evenings. Otherwise my microstream covers the bases but am feeling the need for more Lumens and would appreciate opinions between the two.

The Tactician is great, it works well for my use in and around a city, you might want to look at the switch system too depending on how you want to use it. There's clicky switches available at a fair price for the Tactician as well.

There's several different G2X models, did you have any particular one in mind?

Revcov

Newly Enlightened
I was looking at the 2 mode G2x that I believe has 600 max lumens.

LRJ88

Enlightened
I was looking at the 2 mode G2x that I believe has 600 max lumens.

The Pro one? IIRC the Pro comes on in low and then high while the other one is the opposite, you'll likely be using low 95% of all the time you're out and about anyway.

Had i been in your shoes i'd choose the Tactician and get some good 16650 batteries to go with it, that lowers your running cost drastically.

skillet

Enlightened
From someone that has owned and used both.. I would go with the G2XPro. The Tactician puts out a wall of light and it is just that all flood. I prefer one with some throw and the G2's fit the bill for that. I have since sold the Tactician to a neighbor that just loves it and I'm glad. Same reason I don't like "mule" builds and I've tried to like them.

If you want an edge to edge, blinding up close wall of light--go with the Tactician. If you want to reach out a little and have a narrower beam--G2X it is..

And... both can run on 16650 batteries for those "guilt free lumens." (Thanks P_I_M)

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
Did you end up getting one? I don't have the Tactician, but have the newer G2X Pro 600 lumen and the one before it that was 300 or so. The older one has a more neutral tint than the new one and can probably still be bought for a good price. I really like the UI on those lights. One low mode and one hight, with one handed operation. Nice mix of throw and spill.