Getting an ARC LS, have some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigred

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys. I have decided to order an ARC LS. However I have a few questions about some of the accessories. What is a TSP-AA powerpack? What is a 123 power pack twisty? Also, do you reccomend getting the high dome or the low dome? Should I get the premium or standard? Any input would be appreciated.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
TSP-AA is a 2xAA battery pack that lets you run your LS from 2 AA alkaline or NiMH batteries. I'd recommend the high dome. I have a very nice LSH-S listed in the B/S/T forum currently BTW.

Peter

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
bigred,
I recommend the LSH-P. If money is tight the seconds are
great also. The TSP-AA is a battery pack so that you can
use two AA batteries, it comes with a Kroll switch.
The TSP-AA is great with rechargeable batteries. The 123
twisty uses one CR123 battery, but you twist it to turn it
on & off. The 123 twisty is the shortest of all battery
packs.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reasons for having the accessories are (IMHO)....
TSP-AA.......nice to be able to have a power source option. If there are no 123's around, no problem simply feed it some readily available AA's.
123 twisty.......back-up for the clickie. If your clickie switch malfunctions you can still use your light until you can service your clickie.

Since both of mine are "premiums", I can't comment on the difference between "standards" and "premiums".

High dome if you can afford it. If not, you won't go wrong with the low dome (I have both)....trust me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

mike

E

EchoSierraTwo

Funny, I actually bought all the accessories just because in all my anal "must have the complete set" obsession is what my frame of thought was. I did not think that it was good to have a back up, etc. Thanks for giving me the ammo so that when the wife sees the bill I can say "but honey..." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif

xrayzebra

Newly Enlightened
Bigred - you can't go wrong with them. Let your budget be your guide. Everybody keeps mentioning seconds, but according to the webite, you don;t know which model you will get when ordering seconds.

My LSL is a great light, and cost less than half what my LSH-P did. As white as the LSH-P is, it still is not truly white. It does distort colors a bit. The LSL is bluer, kinda purple, and is less useful for fine coloration, but is every bit as good a light for seeing things in the dark.

The "throw" on the LSH is a little better, but if you are just looking for lighting, with no technical considerations, again let the budget guide you.

Status
Not open for further replies.