Getting to the bathroom at parties!

scott2907

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone. I go to a few parties now and then and stay at people's houses and hotels after gigs with friends. I have a "sleep bag" that I keep next to me with everything I need to survive the night, including a flashlight. So far, I've had the Innova red keychain. I use it to get to the bathroom and get tablets and other stuff I need in the night without waking up people by turning on the light.
The Innova is ok, but I find the switch a little unreliable and the keychain loop a bit poor. It keeps falling off.
What I'm looking for then is:
Tiny or preferably micro size.
Any battery but preferably AAA or rechargable.
Any switch type.
Red light or optional red filter.
Key chain attachment .
Something that can be left alone for months and still work when I come back to it.
The E01 would be great if it was red, but ideally I'd be looking for something smaller.
I prefer metal bodies to plastic. But either is ok.
I need to be able to order it online in the UK.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
T

chip100t

Enlightened
At the risk of going Blue Peter, as you are talking relatively low powered lights could you not get some red sticky back plastic and cut and stick it over the lens

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I carry a Nite Ize squeeze light number on my keychain. Uses 2 replaceble 2016 watch battery's Puts out 4 lumens. They cost around $5 in America.
982F097C-05FA-4639-9C66-16AACCC55A20.jpeg

If you require red just paint the lens with a red sharpie marker.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
The best answer would be the Sofirn C01R, that is the red led, not the infrared version. Single AAA, twist on and off, I believe multiple output levels, very sturdy o-ring supplied with the light. I have had several of the regular C01S lights for several years and they are just fine.
They don't do red, but the Nitecore Tubes are the right size and output for your needs as well. Also, the Photon squeeze lights are worth looking at.

Latest posts