Giveaway Thread (general info)

I can fix the Black Shadow Terminator

I think DriverVNX2 + XML2 U3 PDTc will work great in in this light. Love to give it a shot. If I get it working great I am hoping to sell it and donate the money to a TBD charity!

Although a friend of mine could most likely be able to fix it, I think it's a bit large and bulky for me or my cousin to have a use for it.

vinhnguyen54, would you be donating all of the money to charity if ever you get picked and the light was sold? :thinking:
I'm just a bit curious since it was stated that whoever is asking for the light agrees not to sell it. :naughty:

vinhnguyen54, would you be donating all of the money to charity if ever you get picked and the light was sold? :thinking:
I'm just a bit curious since it was stated that whoever is asking for the light agrees not to sell it. :naughty:

Vinh is OK in my book - if he says he will donate the money to a charity, I have no doubt he will. If someone is willing to donate their time and skill to make money for a charity, that is definitely in the spirit of this thread! An exception I hadn't considered before - I'll check with MoldyOldy on that also, but I don't see a problem with the idea.

Thanks to MoldyOldy and Doc! but i can not fix this light
Good luck guys :twothumbs

"I can fix the Black Shadow Terminator"

Actually to be absolutly honest it will be a challenge, I will need to ask advice on the Forum, but I do own a soldering iron and basic tools (for my paid work). For full disclosure: I would probably use it as a 3x emitter for a a week or so while waiting for spare parts.

Just enjoyed reading candle_lamp's review on the light. Does any one have any feed back on PWM with Animals?

Thanks!

I'm perplexed...How do you intend to fix it?
Vinhnguyen is totally trustable. Any lights in his hands would get a great overhaul and be worth more! He has the skills!!

Anyone who says they can fix it will be taken at face value. There is no need to grill people about their qualifications.

I agree that Vinh will do a great job, and he is in the running, but he is not the only one who can fix a light.

"Anyone who says they can fix it will be taken at face value."

And anyone who says that he Can't fix it, is also probably telling it like it is.

I Can't Fix It - But thanks for the wonderful opportunity for those that can!

If the money will be donated to a worthy charity, then I would like to see Vinh do his stuff!

This light can Really Use a different driver.

-Chuck

Last edited:
Anyone who says they can fix it will be taken at face value. There is no need to grill people about their qualifications.

I agree that Vinh will do a great job, and he is in the running, but he is not the only one who can fix a light.

Yes its true, most people may just take a little longer, and need to ask a few more questions, but I am sure most people could fix it.

If (in the slim chance) I did win this, would it be possible for me to swap out some of the emitters for high CRI emitters?

i can build a computer from scratch, so I can fix the Black Shadow Terminator.

of course my skills are more like fixing a cat (you'll have parts left over that you'll never use again)

does moldy have any suggestions as to fixing the light such as new led or specific driver?

Last edited:
does moldy have any suggestions as to fixing the light such as new led or specific driver?

He sent me a PM earlier today...and yes, he does. I'll send some more detailed info to whoever wins the light...don't want to get into a technical discussion about the repair here.

Thanks for bringing it up, though. Makes sense for the "fixer" to have all the pertinent information.

I will end this giveaway at 2200 EST tomorrow, June 17. Already have plenty of responses...if you want in, you have one more day!

Good Show Doc!

One more day is not gonna change me into a "I can fix this thing", though I actually have been "Mr Fixit". - All of my life.

I do want to get into this sort of thing, and have just now started searching for Flashlight Building 101, I think? - Please correct me if I am wrong.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...t-yourself-(DIY)-flashlight-guide-for-dummies

Regardless, I'm still out of this deal, but if anyone has a link to a step by step, help me build my own "flavor" from a host, I would really appreciate it. (PM) - or perhaps post here if you think that it will help others. - Not meaning to trash the thread.

Please forgive the OT, but at least it is content to promote the hobby?

Thanks again!

-Chuck

Last edited:
Of course :) Your call of course and you are right! I know I can't.

You aren't alone there. Some lights are easy enough to take apart, but others, I don't even know where to start. I'd be afraid to even try, for fear of breaking something else in the process. That is one great thing about cheap lights...they hurt a lot less when your experiments go wrong. I think for now, I'll stick to messing around with Ultrafire lights, and let someone with more know-how tackle the BST.

Yeah, I want to buy some LEDs, boards and drivers to try and mod a Sipik clone. I tried once with a spare Nichia. It worked fine for a while, though one day I took it out of a box and it was dead.

I'd love to try, but it isn't the best light for playing "learn how to properly use a soldering iron".

I work with several alectronics experts, and could easily get it fixed, but it wouldn't be me, so...

I CAN'T FIX IT!

Damn, would certainly have a use for it. Best of luck to everyone else and thanks to MoldyOldy and Doc. The spirit of this thread keeps amazing me every day! Cheers!