Glowpowder - glowpaint question

attowatt

Enlightened
Sportsman's Warehouse 3 watt uses 2 cr123's The optics gives it a throw more than throw(not a typo). I paid $29.99.

As seen in this photo you can actually use it for covert reading :crackup:

in pitch black, and with your eyes adjusted to darkness you can see in front of you to navigate around, slowly but surely

edited in 3 watt

Last edited:

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
attowatt said:
Sportsman's Warehouse 1 watt uses 2 cr123's The optics gives it a throw more than throw(not a typo). I paid $29.99.

As seen in this photo you can actually use it for covert reading :crackup:

in pitch black, and with your eyes adjusted to darkness you can see in front of you to navigate around, slowly but surely
How long does the afterglow last compared to green?

greenLED

Flashaholic
Do not put anything (or alter in any way) the sides of an optic. Let me say that again: Do not put anything (or alter in any way) the sides of an optic. :)

Optics work by internal reflection. If you coat the outside (or try to modify it in any way), you ruin the optical properties. What you can do is add glow-stuff to the base of the Lux, on the emitter board, or inside the bezel. That'll give you an eerie glow if you use an optic.

For outside of flashlights, you can mix clear epoxy with GID powder and put that on any grooves you may want.

The search function will be running again shortly. When that happens, search among Darkzero's old threads. I'll say this again, he's the master of GID+epoxy application and he's posted his secret methods for us to use :nana:

My cousing greenligh has also done some pretty cool things with glow-stuff.

Last edited:

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks attowatt for the great pics and links! nice setup!
I just wonder how the glow stuff is gonna affect resale value :p Can it be removed easily, like with nail polish remover or sprits?

greenLED : Darkzero you say? I will endeavour on a search for his secrets :)

greenLED

Flashaholic
yup, darkzero it is. I'll save you the search effort, here's the thread I'm talking about. I have it bookmarked (again).

You can use the same method to put GID around the bezel of a light too. I did just that with my Pila GL3 a couple of weeks ago; I can't remember who posted a pic of a GID ring on their Qiii.

Last edited:

attowatt

Enlightened
greenLED said:
yup, darkzero it is. I'll save you the search effort, here's the thread I'm talking about. I have it bookmarked (again).

You can use the same method to put GID around the bezel of a light too. I did just that with my Pila GL3 a couple of weeks ago; I can't remember who posted a pic of a GID ring on their Qiii.

As greenLED stated darkzero is the man:thumbsup: Thats who I got the idea from. That was me greenLED, I also put some inside the reflector.