Has anyone modded a SureFire X200 Weaponlight with a CREE/SSCP4 yet?

stonehenge69

Newly Enlightened
Gene43 is working on a Surefire P-60/P-61 style dropin that will produce in excess of 200 lumens and still have a 1-2 hour runtime.

I have a Surefire and an Insight Technologies M6 that that are just beggin for one of those.

Trey

JeffW

Newly Enlightened
I have an Insight M3 that I would love to have a Cree installed.

SQ40

Newly Enlightened
I would like to see a Cree in a Streamlight TLR-1..

CDI

Newly Enlightened
Bump - I have an X200B that I would love to Cree-mod...

kavvika

Enlightened
What sort of lamp assembly is in one of those weapon lights?
If it's a p-series lamp, you could use one of these or its equivalent sold at lighthound or bugoutgearusa.

JeffW

Newly Enlightened
kavvika said:
If it's a p-series lamp, you could use one of these or its equivalent sold at lighthound or bugoutgearusa.

Not even close. I did notice that Insight now has a LED weapon light called the SSL. See it here.

http://www.insightlights.com/products/showProduct.asp?id=31

Additionally I talked to them the other day I while they would not give anything specific, I got the impression that they had some new stuff in the pipeline.

JeffW

Newly Enlightened
kavvika said:

Not even close. I did notice that Insight now has a LED weapon light called the SSL. See it here.

http://www.insightlights.com/products/showProduct.asp?id=31

Additionally I talked to them the other day I while they would not give anything specific, I got the impression that they had some new stuff in the pipeline.

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
X200 is LED already, so no lamps. I forget if the X200B is a lux III or lux V, but the one with a Lux III and the squarish spot beam would be a perfect host for a Seoul emitter.

With the way people have had luck putting Cree's and Seouls into KL4's and U2's, the other one would probably take a Seoul emitter nicely as well.

If I just had a X200 to try it on, I would do it. Too bad my pistol doesn't have standard rails on it.

schiesz

Wave

Newly Enlightened
schiesz said:
X200 is LED already, so no lamps. I forget if the X200B is a lux III or lux V, but the one with a Lux III and the squarish spot beam would be a perfect host for a Seoul emitter.

With the way people have had luck putting Cree's and Seouls into KL4's and U2's, the other one would probably take a Seoul emitter nicely as well.

If I just had a X200 to try it on, I would do it. Too bad my pistol doesn't have standard rails on it.

schiesz

The X200B is the more floody/indoor CQB type beam

Want to try working on my X200B?

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
SQ40 said:
I would like to see a Cree in a Streamlight TLR-1..

Cree does not work well with the reflector in the TLR1/TLR2. The TLR-2 below has a SSC-P4 which totally blows the stock Lux III out of the water. I'm getting 105% more output with the SSC-P4 than with the Luxeon. Granted, the Lux was probably a T bin so it was mediocre to start with but even with the best U bin lux III, the output would still be 80% greater. For those that notice, the laser module on the TLR-2 is also not stock. It's an IR laser :devil:

DSC_0897crop.jpg

Size15's

Flashaholic
The X200B reflector is very much like the KL4's reflector - the beam produced by the X200B is like the KL4's beam.

Here's a Shelby Chan photo showing the X200A (left) and the X200B (right).
1_multipart_xF8FF_4_X200-fronta-2l.jpg

FYI, SureFire is working on their X300 update to the platform which features a Cree XR-E & new TIR combination.

Wave

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to schiesz for attempting to do the mod on my X200B...

It's either going to work great or I'll be on a pre-order list for a new SF X300!

Stay tuned.