Headband

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know where to get an "add-on" headband/strap that goes on the top (front to back) of a headlamp so it won't drop down during jogging? I like to use it for my IRIX and H51fw. Thanks.

Last edited:

rojos

Enlightened
For a add-on headband? What does it look like?

I think he means that you can make your own with parts from a fabric store. Walmart fabric section carries 1 inch-wide elastic. If you add a pair of slide buckles, you don't even have to sew.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use the Nitecore headband with my H51. It works much better than the zebralight headband.

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I added an over-the-top headband to my SD52 by simply taking it to the local sewing store and buying some elastic of the correct width. Two fastex slide buckles. Easy.

EDIT: Technically, Fastex Triglide buckles.

Last edited:

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
I added an over-the-top headband to my SD5 by simply taking it to the local sewing store and buying some elastic of the correct width. Two fastex slide buckles. Easy.

Where can I get the fastex slide buckles? Can you show me a picture of your top headband? My mom can sew for me as long as I can show her what it suppose to look like.

Last edited:

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where can I get the fastex slide buckles? Can you show me a picture of your top headband? My mom can sew for me as long as I can show her what it suppose to look like.

Fastex Triglide widely available at fabric stores, "outdoor" stores, or salvaged off a duffle bag, etc. Google "Fastex Triglide."

No sewing necessary if you use two buckles. Cut the new elastic piece about 6" longer than you think you'll need to reach from front to back across the top of your head. Use two triglides to secure the new top strap, at front and back. Then neatly take up any extra elastic by threading the excess back under the top strap...or by cutting off the extra.

Looks very much like photos you see of the Spark SX-5, with its over the top strap. See for example the photos of the SX-5 mounted on a helmet at sbflashlights. The SX-5 uses similar to Triglides on its top strap. Or check this post.

Last edited: