Hello from another Texan

TERRCO

Newly Enlightened
My name is Anthony and I have been lurking for quite some time reading and learning trying to figure out what my first modern light would be. My wife purchased me all this for Father's Day and I have been very satisfied to say the least.
296801a5ee696ca5f3a23d092b4bd291.jpg

I found that I use 3 off the settings equally. Low I use for finding stuff and just everyday use around the house. Medium I use at work as I do construction. Also for walks on along the creek with the wife and just spotting wildlife at night. I do not use the high at all. I figure if I need a lot of light I might as well use it all. The turbo mode I use for locating cattle at work in the pastures. It does very well. I compared the turbo mode to my spotlight that I keep in my truck (similar to a vec158bd) and there was no comparison. I can't believe the power that light has and it fits in my hand. Here is 2 shots on medium setting. First pic is 30 yards to the tree in the middle. Second is 75 yards to the furthest tree in the middle.
3f0128838532f605802c5a8ce91bc8dd.jpg

3a4389ea0c98fd3349a027fb4eb2d9a2.jpg

As soon as I can scrape the money together my next light will be the Nitecore TM26.
Thank you to all the people that have shared there knowledge and experience to make this an awesome forum. I hope to continue to learn and make my own collection.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, your wife is one smart shopper. By the way, welcome to the forum. Your next purchase should probably be for a good pocket light....... or maybe a nice little keyring light for your wife :).