Help picking a pocket laser pointer

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have used and played with a small red laser point that took a triple a battery from the chineesegoods website and when that died from a water storm I replaced it with a 3 button cell pointer.

I like the red one, but am looking for one that is easier to see in the day and could be used at night for pointing. From what I have read, looks like a green one will do the trick. Supposely it is brighter to the eye and at night it will light up the air to see where it is pointing.

I use it at my job to point out parts of a large commercial truck, cranes and other equipment. I use it at night on a few weekends to test my vision with a partner looking at stuff in the distance in the woods and would like to do the same with stars.

My main requirement is that its able to fit in a shirt pocket. Maybe one that takes batteries no fatter than cr 123s.

Whats on the market, prons, cons, and link to someone or place that sells them? I see quite a few websites sell them and the price ranges from 40-300 bucks.

abeepak1

Newly Enlightened
Novophones laser might do the job, uses 1 cr123 battery, short and a bit fat, can be found on ebay try searching his name.
Maybe atlastnova's would work too, its long, cheap and consumes a AAA battery. There are plenty of lasers out there that meets your requirements but there are few with good quality, think carefully you would not want plenty of IR in your beam.;)

Novophone's laser is about $49 Im not sure about atlastnova's but the price should be right about the same.:bumpit:

Last edited:

kdam36

Banned
wicked lasers nexus 100mw green is an exellent laser and very bright but care musrt be taken with the power as it can blind

wells05

Newly Enlightened
Call atlasnova directly. Arnold will take care of you. Make sure you mention the CPF special. He'll help you decide on the correct power for your needs. Plus, he is in the US and you will have it in 2-3 days.

Edit: Go to Lowes or Home Depot and look for 1/2" rubber caps (I forgot what they are called exactly). They fit right over the business end of the pointer. If you want to keep it in your pocket, this will help keep the lens clean.

Last edited:

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
THanks. Yeah, lots of products out there doing a google search and I want something middle of the road. I want to try star gazing and use a laser point during the day for pointing out parts on large trucks. Gives a different presentation than most dealers do when pointing out features, options, construction, etc.

bootleg2go

Enlightened
Why would you want to pick pocket someones laser pointer?
Getting busted could land you in prison, it's just not worth it, they're pretty cheap.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who me? Did I say that? I seriously doubt I come within a few miles of anyone who owns a laser point, not to mention a store that may sell the basic red ones.

bootleg2go said:
Why would you want to pick pocket someones laser pointer?
Getting busted could land you in prison, it's just not worth it, they're pretty cheap.

bootleg2go

Enlightened
oops, Sorry.
I got the words mixed up I guess it was a classic "Rosanne, Rosana dana" moment:)

Jack

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, Ok. Stealing never comes to my mind, although a history prof I had from Africa would tell us there is two ways to get something, barter or take(Steal).

What about the green pointer at laser community or think geek? Looks like they advertise the think geek one for star pointing, the laser community for just presentations.