High zoom compact camera (the best one)

fishx65

Enlightened
Been looking into picking up a really nice high zoom compact Point-n-shoot. From all the research I've done so far it looks like the Sony HX9V is the best. I take a lot of video while deer hunting. Anyone use this Sony or any other high end models that could give me some observations. I've got a Canon Elph SD980is right now that will no longer recognize when it has an SD card in it. I've tried about 8 different cards and keep getting the "No Memory Card" message.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been looking into picking up a really nice high zoom compact Point-n-shoot. From all the research I've done so far it looks like the Sony HX9V is the best. I take a lot of video while deer hunting. Anyone use this Sony or any other high end models that could give me some observations. I've got a Canon Elph SD980is right now that will no longer recognize when it has an SD card in it. I've tried about 8 different cards and keep getting the "No Memory Card" message.

If you're going to junk it anyway...

Try and clean the contacts in the card reader. If you are brave enough to open the case, that'll make this easy. Otherwise you may have to get clever with rubbing alcohol on thin balsa strips. Balsa will deform around the reader contacts and firmly wipe the metal reader plates. Obviously opening cameras and smearing rubbing alcohol inside them isn't a warranty-friendly fix, but it can save you a few hundred bucks until you see a camera you like on sale.

fishx65

Enlightened
Thanks for the ideas A. Already took her apart pretty good but it does not open up any more room to the SD slot. Tried the best I could with alcohol but your Balsa wood idea is a great one which I need to try. I know it's not worth sending it in for repair so I might end up with a $250.00 paper weight!!!!