Hotlips-C and D heatsinks. ALL AVAILABLE

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Premium Heatsinks for the Mag.

MenaceSQL, got your email but cannot reply back to you. Looks like a mailserver timeout problem. Your goodies will be on its way to you tomorrow. Look out for it ~ next Thurs/Friday.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

ace749069, received your email and the goodies will be on their way to you tomorrow.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

My stock of the Hotlips D have depleted. Are there any new takers to make the decision for me to do another run easier? Oh, the new Hotlips D will also be a tigher fit, 34.6mm as opposed to the current 34mm.

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*

Just for bookkeeping, at hotbeam's request, I have placed a pre-order for one bare hotlips heatsink (config. #1).

Lucien

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
hotbeam said:
... Oh, the new Hotlips D will also be a tigher fit, 34.6mm as opposed to the current 34mm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any chance of making the centering "pestdal" into a sunken depression? (say 1mm deep) I figure that might make centering a LS much easier.

LEDependent

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
hotbeam said:
My stock of the Hotlips D have depleted. Are there any new takers to make the decision for me to do another run easier? Oh, the new Hotlips D will also be a tigher fit, 34.6mm as opposed to the current 34mm.

[/ QUOTE ]Hey, I just got my HotLips D in the mail yesterday. Thanks, it's great!! I'd be interested in another also. A tighter fit would be great, and so would a recessed lip around the emitter!

Kill-O-Zap

Enlightened

I third the motion of recessing, rather than protruding, the centering guide. I've already done a less-then-perfect centering job on a protruding centering guide like this one.

Note that at this time I'm only looking to buy a couple C size, not D; I don't want to leave you with the impression that I make all kinds of change requests on the D's just to be a pain /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'd love to see tight fitting C's with recessed centering guides, but I'll take them however you make them. Thanks.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

one of the reasons we didn't do a recess when we were working on the hotlips, is because it's harder to solder the wires. since they leads are closer to the metal, it is much more prone to shorting.

LukeK

Enlightened

Hotbeam -- If you do end up having another batch of the 'D' sized heatsinks made, I'd be in for another one. I'm very pleased with the one I bought earlier and I'm looking to make a Cyan 5W mod sometime in the future. (whenever finances allow)

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lucien, LEDependent and Kill-O-Zap
As per Rothrandir's response, that's why we went for the raised version. A tip to help centering: only use a very small amount of epoxy between the emitter slug and the pedestal. When you hold down the emitter, if there is excess epoxy coming out from under the slug, you have used too much epoxy. Remember, a thin layer is better than a thick layer.

LukeK
Thanks for your pre-order Luke. Please check the post often for updates to the next run.

LEDependent

Enlightened

So, have you decided to do another run of the (slightly larger) D's? I like the idea of swapping colors by plunking in a different HotLips... I'm planning on purchasing two more from you for this reason.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

we would like to do another run, if we can get enough numbers that is.

the design would be slightly improved also, with a sledgehammer fit and larger wire holes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LEDependent

Enlightened

Eh, I'm fine with the current wire holes. Makes for a neater job.

Do you have any kind of expectation as to when pre orders will (or will not) be accepted? I'm looking forward to these!

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very close LEDependent. Waiting for new prototypes to arrive from the CNC shop and if everything is good, then a high high chance to proceed. Also new orders would make the decision easier /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LukeK

Enlightened

Out of curiosity Hotbeam -- how much does it cost to have a prototype made?

LED

Newly Enlightened
Re: *Announcing* premium \"Hotlips\" heatsinks

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Where can I buy emitters and boards for these heatsinks?

Regads,
David

LukeK

Enlightened

www.elektrolumens.com
http://www.anlighten.com/shop/default.php

The above are two of my favorite online stores -- both are run by great owners who will work to get you what you want. For the record -- the second store's servers seem to encounter down time sometimes. If you get a 'Cannot find server' error or whatever, then just try again later.

LED

Newly Enlightened

Thanks Luke!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Regards,
David

Latest posts