How do you carry your KL4 or L4

Chengiz

Enlightened
Re: How do you carry your KL4

I stole Sasha's E2e holster. The KL4 fits snuggly in it (meaning that 1/2 inch of velcro sticks). I carry it on my belt, duty gear, Armor, where ever I can hang it as the situation dictates.

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Really depends on where I go, if im at places like school or running errands, its on the V82. If im out somewhere, say at a club or bar, I just drop it in my front pocket . Maybe thats why I've been having better luck with the ladies!

Kentucky Rifle

Newly Enlightened

I bought a cordura cell phone carrier at a gun show. Right before he stopped making them, I also bought some lens caps and spare battery carriers from James Knight. My L4 and a two spare battery carrier ride in the pouch perfectly. Incredibly, I've not had to change the batteries in my L4 as of yet.

Will

Lara

Newly Enlightened

During summer, I carried it in my handbag, now it's in the inner pocket of my jacket. (It's getting colder around here)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

When I need to carry mine, I just throw the L4 in my EDC bag on the floorboard of my Rascal 245 scooter, or in the center on the front fenders of my Rascal 255 wheelchair - depending on which device I use that day.

Gandalf

Enlightened
On my belt, in a Minimag full flap nylon and Velcro holster that a friend shortened a bit for me.

AlphalphaPB

Newly Enlightened
I used to carry my E2e in my LF pocket, but I got sick of being asked, "Why do you carry a flashlight?"

So I tried the rear pockets, but the clip wasn't secure enough for my liking. The light kept falling out of my pocket when I sat down.

Then I made a kydex sheath with a mini Tek-Lok for attachment to my belt. Now the light won't come out unless I absolutely want it to. It keeps the E2e out of sight and gives me peace of mind.

e2e-kydex-01.jpg

e2e-kydex-02.jpg

kinzli

Newly Enlightened
AAPB, nice sheath! That looks a lot like the On/Scene concealex sheath (that I just bought from TW). Have you seen that one? I think it's also got the tek-lok but I'm not sure. I'm hoping for the same type of secure-holding that you get with yours, with horizontal carry on the belt so that it doesn't jab my gut when I drive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

catch228

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
AlphalphaPB said:
I used to carry my E2e in my LF pocket, but I got sick of being asked, "Why do you carry a flashlight?"

[/ QUOTE ]

I too would have asked you that question in the past. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif However, after you people at this forum have gotten me addicted (have since purchased a L4, TL-3 Xenon, Inova X5T) I too am trying to answer that same question when asked. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
By being a knifaholic also most people that know me just don't even ask any more. And those that dont know me, well who cares. Or just answer with the Boy Scout motto,assuming you know it. lol

RevDavid

Enlightened
I EDC a KL4 on the E1E body (TW4 combo) and keep it clipped inside the belt loop on the front right. When I carry the L4, I keep it clipped inside my front right pocket.

David <><

Sonic

Newly Enlightened
Ususally in my back right pocket next to my wallet, bezel up. Can't even feel it and have never fallen out or turned on accidently.

Recently put a phone clip kit on it from the Sandwich Shoppe. I'm still getting used to carrying it this way. But you can use the moentary without taking it off the clip by just swivelling the head forward. But I think I prefer the back pocket.

brightnorm

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Sean said:
I like the short clip too. I carry mine in my back pocket, bezel down (un-clipped) next to my wallet. I don't even know it's there until I need it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's one reason why I wish Peter Gransee would switch to Pyrex lenses instead of those polycarbs that he insists are superior. If I pocket carried an ARC bezel down with all the junk in my pocket the lens would be a mess in no time.

Brightnorm

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
brightnorm said:
If I pocket carried an ARC bezel down with all the junk in my pocket the lens would be a mess in no time.

Brightnorm

[/ QUOTE ]

You spoke too late /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Dan

kinzli

Newly Enlightened

I just picked up a On/Scene concealex holster from Tactical Warehouse - I'm very impressed, I will carry my L4 in that now as it can be mounted for horizontal carry, and the light is very accessible, but doesn't poke my gut when I sit down, in fact, I don't even notice it being there.

It's a very nicely finished holder and seems to hold the L4 nice and tightly.

Thanks Dan @ TW, great stuff once again!