• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired How much real interest in a Ti clip for a popular light.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wanted to point out that the blue clip in the picture leaves quite a bit sticking out of the pocket (and vulnerable) while the Arc clip leaves nearly nothing exposed.

proFeign

Newly Enlightened
Christoph said:
I am debating going thicker than .040" and may even change the design more depending on several things like attachment points,the punch out I might keep if it does'nt add too much to the quote. so far in a small quantity it looks like under $30 shipped.
If there are any questions please feel free to pm me.
Thanks to the ones who helped me get this going .:grin2:
Chris

Count me in for 1! Thicker is fine. I like extremely high spring constant clips for stuff this expensive!

:sold:

proFeign

Newly Enlightened
I think the point of a rebend type clip like the proto in the original post is so that it looks like this:

XArc4.jpg

rather than this:

EdcUltimate.jpg

Where over a half inch of the light protrudes out the top of your pocket. I really don't like this clip design at all. The blued one (or blue ano) with the double bending looks interesting but might prove to be too flexy in use, but I'm just guessing.

Soooo.... count me in for one of the Ti ones proposed in the first post, and maybe if it's decided that the double bend is preferred I might go in also.

pcmike

Enlightened
Alright, I'm kind of warming upto that clip. I'm sorry guys I never even noticed it bended over! Christoph, if your clip is going to look like the clip on the ARC in the post above this one (bendover, with the little split ring hole, and black anodizing) I'd be in for one. Once again, sorry guys.. I truly over looked the bend back!

Last edited:

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the look of this clip a whole bunch. I am in for a couple of whatever you come up with.
Yaesumofo

pcmike said:
I understand you guys on the brim of the hat, hands-free situation.. however there was a clip floating around made by someone that looked like it could EASILY be carried both ways. It looked like it could easily go on the brim of a hat and then easily make use of the extra bend in the metal to be used to carry the light bezel down on a pocket. Let me try to find the pictures...

Found it.. check this clip out:
ti-edcclip6.jpg

It looks like you could easily slide that onto the brim of the hat AND ALSO use it as it was designed (bezel down carry). That clip is simply awesome in my opinion. You can read all about it here . Hopefully some day (2yrs I think is the estimate) the inventor of it will do a run of them! :thumbsup:

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
New pics in first post samples will be sent on monday.depending on the added cost of the splitring punchout at the tip it may be left out it seems not many use it.Thickness wil be .05/.06 width wil be slightly wider than the original as soon as I get a quote I will let you all know.I will have to take orders for these as I can not affort to front this out of my pocket and all requests for a backer have fallen on deaf ears :hairpull: .If you want one of these and would like an idea considered speak now or forever hold your flashlight.

Chris

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like one as pictured in post 27. But the one in post #1 is ok too.Stainless would also be ok with me.

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well wider definitely looks like it would be better, would keep the light from twisting as much while clipped in-pocket

Mini-Moder

Enlightened
I think the one in post #27 in ti would be sweet. I would buy one for my EDC and one for my Arc 4+.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok I got the quote back for the springsteel clips today and it looks like they will be very competitive with some other clips.Since my main thrust is for Ti pieces I will wait til I have the Ti quote before I announce any prices.However it is well below what I thought it would be.:grin2:

Chris
this will be my first commericial venture so bear with me please.

Last edited:

Leef

Enlightened
I'm game. Clips need to bite the fabric tightly enough to be secure, but not so tightly that they're difficult to put on. I hope your metal will be able to be bent (reformed) slightly to accommodate this without cracking.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have decided to go ahead with this project. I will be placing an order for 500 pieces I will handle the first 100 and then an online store front will handle the rest. Since I have no computer at home would someone like to make a list for 100 people/pieces(payment for maintaining the list will be a clip or two)This is to make sure that there is a demand for them, then I will take orders and ship. I am waiting for the store to let me know what the price will be. It may be real close to the stock clips price.There is a 3-5 week lead time for these. I plan to place the order by 4/21/06.So parts should show up around the middle to end of May I am still waiting for the Ti quote.The steel pieces will be black.
MATERAIAL: .040 THK C1050
HEAT TREAT: RC 42-47
FINISH: BLACK OXIDE
The price will be 12.50 usd plus shipping and Lighthound will be selling them after the first 100 go.
TIA
Chris
I have started a new thread for ordering

Last edited: