How will you carry your LF3XT?

snakyjake

Enlightened
Levi's 501's - key pocket on the right with lanyard through a belt loop. It currently holds the Novatac or HDS EDC just fine so I'm sure the LF3XT will fit.

Exactly! That's where I have my non-clip lights. Great pocket. The EX10 fits nicely there (though not as good on a clip in the larger front pocket). I'd be interested in seeing the size/bulk of the LF3XT in that pocket.

snakyjake

Enlightened
I really wonder if LiteFlux still monitors CPF. I know at one time they did. I recall that with the LF5XT, based on CPF feedback, LiteFlux made changes in the LF5XT interface just a couple of weeks before they were going to release the light. Then with the drop-off issue, they responded quickly to the forum's discusion and fixed that issue.

It would be nice to hear from LiteFlux why they decided NOT to make a clip for this light. This light cries to be my EDC companion. It has many of the features of a larger Novatac p120 and a EX10 combined into nice size light for EDC, but it misses the boat by not having the clips the other lights have. If LiteFlux isn't monitoring this forum any more, we should start an email campaign to them, requesting a clip. At the very least, talk to your distributer to let them know what we really want.

If LiteFlux doesn't monitor the forum, perhaps their competitors are. And the competitors can learn from LiteFlux's successes and misses.

NiteCore almost had it a fantastic light, but messed up by losing the programmable UI when switching modes. LiteFlux almost has a fantastic light, but misses on the clip.

They both have excellent output, runtime, size, and I love the piston switch.

I'm hoping Fenix will come out with a piston switch. And I'd like to see some more competition in this category of light we seek.

As long as there's a missed opportunity to make money, there's a good possibility that someone will come up with something to meet the demand.

Emailing the manufacturer's never hurts. I email them.

litetube

Enlightened
I also havnt ordered the LF3XT yet, though I have come very close. If someone comes up with something I will click the pay now button immediatley but I dont really see any point on this light to accomodate a clip unless they do something that "wraps" around the body which will wear the Anodizing after a short bit. The Nitecore had the advantage of 4 evenly spaced holes around the tail and they pulled it off ok. The Novatacs had space between the body section and the tailcap for a clip to fit. Nothing I can see like this on the LF3XT. I really like the light too.:shakehead

juplin

Enlightened
I took some pictures for fun. :devil:
Press the pictures to enlarge.

Metal ring retained in the lanyard hole of LF3XT

The metal ring alone can act as a rolling stop while LF3XT is put on the desk.

LF3XT with lanyard

LF3XT inside the holster of Fenix P2D

LF3XT inside the holster of LRI Proton

With chain hook

With carabiner

With clip

litetube

Enlightened
Maybe a small band could be created to fit in that un-knurled space at the tail end of the light? I know it would be tricky and probably couldnt make a piece thick enough to not bend and break but maybe?

Last edited:

snakyjake

Enlightened
I was thinking an attachment point that something could fit on the tail, between lines in the "X". Something like the shape of a "V" to fit in between the lines that make up the "X". You can either make the clip attachment into a V, or maybe solid like a triable that would fit into the X.

More difficult than attaching a clip to the EX10, but still doable.

Make any sense? I don't have any drawing tools to describe. Nor am I any good at being an artist.

P.S. 4Sevens did a fantastic job with the EX10 clip.

JSG

Newly Enlightened
I've got both a Fenix P2D and a LiteFlux LF3 XT on order. I've never been big on pocket clips. My EDC has been a Arc LSHP with a Kroll clicky for a while. It has always fit nicely into the watch pocket on my jeans. If the Fenix or LF is too long for that, I think I'll get a Fenix lobster clasp, and mount it via a split ring and clip it to a belt loop.

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got both a Fenix P2D and a LiteFlux LF3 XT on order. I've never been big on pocket clips. My EDC has been a Arc LSHP with a Kroll clicky for a while. It has always fit nicely into the watch pocket on my jeans. If the Fenix or LF is too long for that, I think I'll get a Fenix lobster clasp, and mount it via a split ring and clip it to a belt loop.

The Fenix P2D comes with a nice little holdster. If you only carry one light at a time, that holster might serve both lights.