Inova 24/7 deal

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
I guess I'm just behind buba, with an order at 10:08. I have not got the cancellation email yet, but when I check the tracking at outposts' site, it shows, of the five I ordered, 1 in process and 4 cancelled.

I'm not paying eight bucks for ground on one light, but I'm going to sit tight til tomorrow and see how this develops. Maybe at some point they began to restrict supplies to one per person, or maybe I got the last one, or maybe it's all a lie.

daloosh

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
About a month ago, the Manhattan Beach, CA Fry's had the 24/7's (without the accessories) on sale for $19.95 and that's when I picked mine up. Actually, the first one I picked up I took directly back because messing around with the light in the car, I apparently unscrewed the battery cap while the light was on and it immediately went belly up. I've avoided making the same mistake with my 2nd light and it continues to work well.

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
daloosh,
They are plumb out. They're actually backordered (sort of, more like in the process of cancelling orders) for several hundered units. It looks like you might have gotten the very last one. I asked them if my order had been cancelled because of the number I ordered, and they said no and that they had none left.

sotto,
There was a way to fix the light if the battery was taken out while it was still on. It was posted somewhere here, and I'm sure if you search about it you'll find the solution without too much trouble. IIRC, it involved replacing the battery (while the light was still in the on position), then turning off the light and removing the battery again. After waiting for a little while, I believe that if the battery was replaced the light would again function normally. Something like that anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

FWIW, I recently got the confirmation e-mail that my second order was also cancelled. I just want to forget all about this...

paulr

Flashaholic
My order is listed as "in progress". That's not too encouraging since it means they may still figure out a way to not ship it. But I haven't gotten any cancellation notices, and I placed the order early this morning.

greenLED

Flashaholic
U da man, LEDmonMan!! I love the site (and hate cats). "Eat s/%@# and die, gato!" (taunt quoted from one of the Wing Commander games) I'll be right back got some business to attend elsewhere... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

We need a graemlin for :evil grin:, or maybe for :maniac laughter: or something like that.

I feel your pain with the 24/7.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW, I could definitely be wrong, but I'm under the impression that the AP designation on the Inova light that's still on Outpost.com for $35 means that this is the 24/7 that comes with all the accessories -- headband, magnetic mount, wall mount (the AP in the name stands for accessory pack). That light has a full retail of $62 -- so $35 for it is still a pretty killer deal, pretty much wholesale.

And, if that's the case, the Outpost people aren't lying: the Y1 version is the non-accessory pack version, the AP version is essentially a different, more expensive package.

Joe

buba

Newly Enlightened
I just got a shipping confirmation. It would appear they only had a few of these Y1 versions. The Outpost Webstore must not have direct access to the inventory database for this type of backorder to occurr in such a short amount of time.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
LEDmodMan, you've hit it on the head. Today I get an email with shipping confirmation, for 1 24/7. I immediately call them to yell about why I don't get asked if I want just one, and blah blah. Why do I get to order 5 if you don't have them, blah blah. Why am I getting charged shipping on 5, blah blah. What kind of CS, blah blah.

After going around the block a little, I settle for the one. They say it was the last one and though they charged me shipping on 5, it will get adjusted down. Since I still want the damn thing, I take one for $15, instead of 5 for $11.50 each. Oh well, I guess I'm just happy I got even 1. Sorry for all who got cancelled.

daloosh

paulr

Flashaholic
I got a shipping notification this morning for two units. I really should have ordered a third one, since it sounds like the shipping charge would not have changed.

M

MeridianTactical

I still have a "Pending" on my card from them...

Would have been nice to get a bunch less than wholesale...

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Well, I just got off of the phone with the "supervisor" at Outpost.com. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
I now call this place "Outhouse.com". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

I think these people are trained in dodging questions and being very general in their answers. I remained civil throughout the conversation, although at the end I felt like letting him have a good tongue whipping /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif, but alas, I refrained. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I began the conversation by making two points:

1) That I was upset that I was able to place an order for an item that was out of stock and then my order subsequently just being cancelled.

2) That even after they well knew they were out of stock it was possible to still place an order.

Through the course of the conversation, I did not get a single apology until I directly asked for it toward the end, and even then he only apologized that I was unhappy, not about this major screw-up on their part. I then pointed out this lack of remorse on his part to him, of which he just shrugged off like he didn't care (which was very obvious he did not!)./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

I mentioned that I thought is was plainly negligent on their part that they left the order page up for so long after they ran out of stock. He said that it takes time to take those down, for which I then asked him how it was that they could "unlist" the page from the website, but yet it was so much harder to remove it? What BS!!!

He did not offer anything to make up for this mistake on their part or my wasted time, or offer to make me any more satisfied in any way, shape, or form either. I also pointed this out to him and then gave him one last chance and directly asked him if there was anything he could/would do to retain my business. His response was that sometimes this just happens with "close-out" items and that's just the way it goes (paraphrased). I again pointed out that he still didn't answer my question and then he just said he couldn't do anything about it. I also said to him that nowhere on the webpage did it EVER list this item as a "close-out", so how was I supposed to know that it was?

I asked if there was any way that I could get the same price at my local Fry's store on this item, and he said that Fry's is separate from Outpost and that they have no way to do this. I personally don't believe this; I just think he didn't care enough to even want to try. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

I ended the conversation by telling him that I knew that they had many unhappy customers and that they had (back)orders for several hundred units that they were choosing not to fulfill. I told him that they could still get this product from Inova to satisfy their customers if they so chose. He just responded by saying that they wouldn't be carrying this item anymore.

I finally proceeded to tell him that both Fry's Electronics and Outpost.com had lost my business for good (they have /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif), and that I planned to write a lengthy letter about my most recent experiences with both companies and that I would be posting negative feedback about their website on the internet. He was very blasé in his response, and it was painfully obvious he could care less. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Anyway, now that I've wasted part of my life on this mess and gotten a few grays over it, I just want to forget this all happened at all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dedhorse.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Thanks to Bob for trying to get us this good deal! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

I'm off to go blow up some cute little kitties... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

JohnJ80

Enlightened
Yep. Placed my order yesterday afternoon. This morning an email was waiting for me that says that I 'asked that this be canceled.'

Glenn

Enlightened
Just a suggestion:

If enough of us go to the Inova web site and e mail Sales inquiring if the product is indeed no longer available....
telling them that Outpost com claims that it is not ???
I have done so.....no reply yet.
If they get a lot of e mails it will probably reflect
bad on Outpost com. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

Glenn

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did a quick google search, little luck yet finding just the accessory kit yet. It may be that the cheapest way to get the accessory kit is to order the AP version of the 24/7 from Outpost.com for $35. That's just a dollar or two above wholesale.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
LEDmodman, you're making a mountain out of a mole hill. Customer service folks are usually happy to correct real problems.

Sheesh you guys are a bunch of whiners. You guys caught a company with their pants down and got a great deal. The company realized it, cancelled orders that hadn't shipped, and have yet to take down the page. big whoop, get over yourselves.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
tkl said:
LEDmodman, you're making a mountain out of a mole hill...Sheesh you guys are a bunch of whiners...get over yourselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's only flashlights! Who gives a.....oh, sorry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heh. While I wouldn't say it so obnoxiously and abrasively, I agree with tkl. Outpost either messed up on the pricing, or was doing a clearance. The web site says clearly enough that Outpost.com offers are only valid for online purchases and that when stocks are depleted the deal may be done. We wiped them out. Sale over. They didn't get the web page down, but did cancel all non-fillable orders fairly quickly.

I don't see that they did anything egregious, except give a lucky few of us a killer deal. They shoulda reflected the lack of stock on the web page more quickly, but not doing so doesn't seem like a major crime.