Inova X5 vs X5-T

larry

Newly Enlightened
Has there been an actual comparison between these two lights with regard to output. the X5-T is claimed to be 15% brighter, but is it?

jabajet

Newly Enlightened
I have both and the "T" does actually seem brighter to the naked eye. I dont have any way of measuring - so I can't really say about the 15%.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
My best friend and I tried them side by side last night (my X-5, his X-5T). We couldn't tell a big difference indoors, other than the X-5T seems to have a tighter, and brighter hotspot. Outdoors, his X-5T seemed to have much better reach than my X-5.
I like the tailcap switch, too, and think it's a better light in every respect.

Spork

Enlightened
Originally posted by Owen:
I like the tailcap switch, too, and think it's a better light in every respect.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">except for all the reports of them breaking

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the X5-T, I think I would of been happier with the orginal, the smooth body of the light, instead of a Surefire like knurling makes the light slide in your hand while pushing down on the button. I get a flickering light with this. I use the twist on feature 99% of the time. BTW, the 20hr claimed run time is misleading, I never get more than 10hrs, and the light fades very quickly.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both. If I had to get rid of one, I would probably keep the original X5. TX

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my first X5, and I like it better than the X5T that I had. It is somewhat smaller and brighter, and mine seems brighter than my white X5T was. At first I really liked the tailcap switch on the X5T, but I found that the light was a little too slick to really use that much.