• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Inova X5vn - 4 E01vn Lovers

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I ran out of Nichia 3200K LEDs. Dose anyone have a link to order more?

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
I saw a post here saying 43 lumens from the X5vn, but now I don't see it, and the website now says 35 lumens... is that not a thing anymore? Am I not supposed to be talking about it?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I saw a post here saying 43 lumens from the X5vn, but now I don't see it, and the website now says 35 lumens... is that not a thing anymore? Am I not supposed to be talking about it?

I tuned down the boost as 35 lumen as it's to much stress on the LED in the long run. hahah

That 8 extra lumen is not worth it lol

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
I was wondering about the lumen maintenance on the LEDs if they were running that high myself! I really wish I had the equipment to test drive current. If I remember correctly these LEDs are rated by Yuji at a max drive current of 20mah @ 2.7-3.1 volts. Yuji says 6.1-7.5 lumens for the 3200k.

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
If I remember correctly these LEDs are rated by Yuji at a max drive current of 20mah @ 2.7-3.1 volts. Yuji says 6.1-7.5 lumens for the 3200k.

I was wrong. Yuji rates them at an absolute maximum of 30 mah @ the Vf of 2.7-3.1.

The output ratings of 6.1-7.5 lumens is @ 20 mah.

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
This is a very nice light. The beam on these yuji's is extremely nice with a very smooth transition from the hotspot with a subtle flood beam surrounding. I believe these are the 45 degree beam angle option, but it's actually surprisingly floody at close range while having a fairly reasonable range for a light with optics this tiny and a relatively floody beam. It's much more effective at range than a mule while being more user friendly than a reflector light when used at close range.

I'm usually always looking for LEDs that really mimic incandescent light. But when I put this light next to my Surefire 6P and think about the time those classic lights come from, I'm actually craving another X5vn but with the 5600k Yuji's.

I can't believe I just said that. No other LED has ever made me want to go with such a cool tint. Did I mention these Yuji's are really sweet? The 3200ks are a little yellowish, not in a bad way, kind of just part of being so warm tinted.

Are the 5600k LEDs 45 or 60 degrees? A 5600k in 60 degree would be an awesome companion to my 3200k!

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
This is a very nice light. The beam on these yuji's is extremely nice with a very smooth transition from the hotspot with a subtle flood beam surrounding. I believe these are the 45 degree beam angle option, but it's actually surprisingly floody at close range while having a fairly reasonable range for a light with optics this tiny and a relatively floody beam. It's much more effective at range than a mule while being more user friendly than a reflector light when used at close range.

I'm usually always looking for LEDs that really mimic incandescent light. But when I put this light next to my Surefire 6P and think about the time those classic lights come from, I'm actually craving another X5vn but with the 5600k Yuji's.

I can't believe I just said that. No other LED has ever made me want to go with such a cool tint. Did I mention these Yuji's are really sweet? The 3200ks are a little yellowish, not in a bad way, kind of just part of being so warm tinted.

Are the 5600k LEDs 45 or 60 degrees? A 5600k in 60 degree would be an awesome companion to my 3200k!

Excellent review! My 5600K E01 is awesome. I had vin mod my X5 and X1 with 3200K. Cant wait to get them. I have another X5 here I may send to Vin for 5600K.

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
I ran mine on a LMR 16340 with a makeshift copper spacer, and it seemed to work pretty well. I tried to use a LiFe 16340 that was at 3.37 volts resting, and the X5 didn't really want to change into low mode very easily. I've been discharging the LMR 16340 on my charger and putting it back in to see how low the voltage can go before the low mode starts to "misbehave" so far I'm down to 3.6 volts and behaving just fine.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I ran mine on a LMR 16340 with a makeshift copper spacer, and it seemed to work pretty well. I tried to use a LiFe 16340 that was at 3.37 volts resting, and the X5 didn't really want to change into low mode very easily. I've been discharging the LMR 16340 on my charger and putting it back in to see how low the voltage can go before the low mode starts to "misbehave" so far I'm down to 3.6 volts and behaving just fine.

Very nice, my X5's are so old they are single mode lol.

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
The 2 mode light defaults to high mode. The 2 mode only uses PWM on low mode, right? I tried to check with my cell phones camera. It definitely uses PWM on low mode, but I couldn't detect it on high mode...