• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Interested in a Surefire U2 adapter?

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you give a confirmation on what kind of tube the adapter will be for?
I think a E-series adaptor would be best.That way a two stage switch can be used giving 12 brightness settings.

And it seems the custom makers are more into the E-series body.More available to play lego with :D

And TranquilityBase makes great 18650 tubes too :)

Benny

grnamin

Enlightened
Currently looking at C, M and G series bodies only. That is, if the adapter can even be made. An E series adapter, if made, will most likely lengthen the overall form factor of the light because the threaded portion of the U2 head is about the same diameter as the E series bodies. You won't be able to screw U2 head into the E series body directly or vice versa. Wish I had a diagram for this. :) We'll see what can be done.

grnamin

Enlightened
bad news...:(

I didn't have a C, G or M series body with which to test the feasibility of a U2 adapter until today. The adapter itself seems possible, but because the U2 head won't sit deep enough into the C, G or M series body, a dummy cell would have to be added, about half the length of a 123 battery, in order to bridge the gap and provide electrical contact. Sorry, I was excited about this project, but it looks like it won't get off the ground. :(

twentysixtwo

Enlightened
HERE IS A REALLY KEWL IDEA!

How about a 18650 twisty tube. This would strictly be a tube, perhaps with a mushroomed base allowing for tailstand. There might be sume knurling or other scallops on this end to assist in twisting and also for lanyard attachment. O rings of course.

The other end screws into the head. This would convert your U2 into a twisty with tailstand while shortening it up big time.

I wonder what it would look like sized for, say, a Pila 150S?

Advantage: Shorter, smaller, lighter, tailstand, 18650 or Pila capability.

Disadvantage: Lose clicky, not much else.

--------\
.............\.....................................===| <- FLARED BASE
...............===----------------------......|
U2 Head.........|.......18650 tube..............|
....................|....................................|
...............===----------------------......|
............../.....................................===
---------/

crude ascii drawing above

Last edited: