"Introducing "Draco" [Accepting Deposit].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Introducing "Draco"

Would you please investigate/consider TiCN?

In for 1 Draco Ti.

In for 1 NLS green.

Last edited:

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast

99 if it's not taken yet. Ti and Turbo Head of course!
All depends on price though :sigh:

marcspar

Enlightened

I'm in for the next lowest available number in ti - price dependent.....

Thanks,

Marc

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast

Guys thanks for the warm reception.

The ball have started rolling since the original post. Too much momentum now all we can do is let it takes it's course.
I will be meeting with my mentor (machinist) and get an estimated cost within the week.

flashlight: this is a twisty light. The tailcap clicky switch option will add at least 12mm to the design, which is not possible given the design requirement.
CroMagnet: Thank you for taking the initiative of doing the list.
tdurand: The sales thread will commence once everything lines up right. I do not want prepayment until the very end. $$$ = responsibility = trouble
Bogus1: You're funny my friend, Ti version is < 12 grams (0.424 oz) where Aluminum version is 1.7x less.
andrewwynn: Currently I'm shooting for Hi/Low constant current or Low/Usr/Burst with PWM.
localguy808: Learning CNC wasn't enough to keep me occupy ;) It's still raining here in the Bay Area so the race circuit is stil closed (well restricted to carpet :( )
bwaites: Larry's design are the defacto standard because they were designed properly from the grounds up with a touch of anality to it.
idleprocess: Thank you for the suggestion. I will look into providing this as an option. The reason why I bypass this is because, polycarbonate scratch and as for mineral glass ... well take a look below, it's the second one that crack, I'm freaking P!@#. I have included in the Draco design a dual oring shock isolation (borrowed from McGizmo's design). Hopefully that reduce the energy to the lens when keychains are dropped (thrown).

tvodrd: Thank you for your blessing. Our previous conversation didn't really break any confidence. You know me, I just don't like duplicated projects in CPF, it's a waste of valuable resources. After a one month part-timing CPF, I found that I must complete this lingering project otherwise ... I'm just not too happy :D
gregw: I'll look into that (SXOH). One of the reason why I prefer LuxIII is the thermal properties vs LuxI.
Datasaurusrex & Lunarmodule: Turbo head is an add-on option (interchangable).
Icebreak I'll look into TiCN. I believe TiN have a much better estetic bright gold look while TiCN got the greyish / bronze look similar to my cobalt bits. As for NLS green, can't help you there, you need to build up your karma for that one.

Last edited:

M_R

Enlightened

I just stumbled on this thread. Great concept. Please put me down for one of each Al & Ti and I'll likely get one Turbo head.

Cheers,

Matthew

jdriller

Flashlight Enthusiast

Please put me on the list, Ti if priced right. #63

Last edited:

dduane

Newly Enlightened

WoooHaaa! You said it would be thin and tiny. I like the ribbing that will add rigidity. Will there be any strenthening along the lenghth? Glad to see that little piece of metal you had in your pocket turned into a gem. Count me in for #58. Can we see more at the next get together? When's the next one?...
Congrats, Duane

Last edited:

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

modamag said:
As for NLS green, can't help you there, you need to build up your karma for that one.
Ah. Good advice. I'm on it. THX.

BOT: The Draco's specs are appealing but it's the dude building it that sinches the deal. Good luck and have fun.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast

Interest List updated to this point
2cromag.gif

Please see Post #6

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

Holy poop - go camping for the weekend and all hell breaks loose. I didn't have time to read the whole thread, but, If modamag's making it, I want one.

Put me down for #55 aluminum, or any other number that's available.

I hope that's all I have to do to get on the list because I'll be working 18 hr days till Friday and probably will only have limited time to check in on what's going on.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast

JimH said:
Holy poop - go camping for the weekend and all hell breaks loose. I didn't have time to read the whole thread, but, If modamag's making it, I want one.

Put me down for #55 aluminum.

I hope that's all I have to do to get on the list because I'll be working 18 hr days till Friday and probably will only have limited time to check in on what's going on.
Holy Crap I've been calling U :p I Shudda just put ya down for one :) Welcome Back.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

CroMAGnet said:
Holy Crap I've been calling U :p I Shudda just put ya down for one :)
Thanks's for the thought, Tony. And, yes, you shoulda put me down for one. I think I made it on the list, but if I didn't, I'll just come over to your house and fire off 10 or 20 shotgun blasts. When you come out to investigate, I'll blind you with 20,000 or 30,000 lumens, then sneak in and steel yours :grin2:.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast

Let's do lunch next week with duane, jonathan and more next week when you get some time. What's good for you? I'll start a new thread...

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

CroMAGnet said:
Let's do lunch next week with duane, jonathan and more next week when you get some time. What's good for you? I'll start a new thread...

Funny you should ask. While you were making this post, I was sending you a PM about the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts