Is this pile of Maglite + mods (fivemega) worth anything?

jd_oc

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

Long time CPF user here. I was going through my old flashlight stuff and realized I had a ton of Maglite stuff from a conversion I did a while back (about 4-5 years ago). I have a Maglite 4D along with the FiveMega G5.3 socket, the FiveMega 4D to 12AA battery holder as well as a ton of MR16 bulbs and some other things (see picture). The light worked great and produced a ton of light (and heat). I'm afraid to add up what I spent on all of this :)

I guess my question is, is this worth anything anymore? I was thinking of selling the whole thing (I guess I have to use Panjo on CPF now?) on CPF but I really have no idea what to price it at. Any ideas what this bundle is worth? Thanks!

3f5n8lm.jpg

Last edited:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of the things like the lamps and the Mag parts you can go on Panjo and eBay and look around and get an idea of prices.

I would say itemize as much as possible with part numbers and descriptions, then list it. If you have an idea as to worth, put it down, otherwise just say 'best offer'. See what happens. The 5Mega parts should show some activity at least, they seem to be rare on the ground these days.

jd_oc

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Timothybil. There sure wasn't much listed on a search for Fivemega, but for the few that showed up seemed to fetch a good price. Based on that I went ahead and listed the whole bundle for $75 shipped.

jd_oc

Newly Enlightened
I'm sure you will have plenty of takers, especially if you are willing to sell individual pieces. I'm not into hot wire or incandescents any more or I would probably take you up on that offer.

Was hoping to sell it all as a package deal, but I'm not seeing any takers at $75, so I lowered it to $60 on Panjo. At that price someone could probably buy it and part it out for a profit.