It's Here - Luxeon N Cell Flashlight

Sproing

Newly Enlightened
Re: It\'s Here - Luxeon N Cell Flashlight - Runtime

I've been playing with my Nano-Mates for a few days also. They are the ultimate keychain light IMHO.

One thing I noticed was that when I put the pill from my R2 micro-illuminator into the Nano-Mate that it was noticeably brighter. Using a light meter, I measured a 30 lux higher reading using the R2 pill.

Thanks Lambda and Arc Mania!

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast

I guess I really missed the boat with this one. Are they available (yet) and if so how much?

This might be the fist mini-light that could actually challenge the Arc AAA LE for it's spot on my keychain.

Jon

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Stone Dog: I just ordered two the other day, and at that time, I believe lambda still had more stock available. Price, if I recall correctly, was $65 shipped (please double-check). A little pricey, but if you read what went into these "gems," you would understand the cost.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's just about the cost of a micro illuminator but in a keychain-friendly size. The runtime appears acceptable (noticeable decline over 30 minutes followed by a more sever drop off). Has anyone done beamshots vs something like the micro?

Jon

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator

Look here for some beam shots of a Turbo Nano-mate, a Nano-mate, and a Key-Mate.

flash....

Enlightened

I must say...
Got my Nano-Mate and it is Awesome!!
Bright, good runtime, nice beam and it now lives on one of my key rings for good. I used it quite a bit clipped to my belt loop for a quick light while camping last weekend.
Thanks Lambda!!

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just a quick update.

After I ship the orders this week (orders thru 9/20) there will only be about 30 people left on the waiting list. I hope to start filling those orders next week. Once I get caught up (and take a breather) I'll turn the excess heads into Turbo Heads and post those to the Mod B/S/T forum.

Thank you all for your interest in this little flashlight.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Turbo Heads? Okay, where's the sign-up sheet? I'd like to get in line, please.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast

What a cool light! It probably won't replace my Arc on the keychain as really only want one keychain light and prefer runtime of Arc vs. EDC non keychain light but this light will definitely have a purpose. The work is first rate and while us flashaholics may be used to over paying for the cutting edge, I think this actually is a pretty good value for the money. Darn close to the Inova X5 in brightness!

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast

Update:

After a bad week last week battling with my computer system, I think I'm ready to do the last batch. My computer kept zoning out and stuttering like something was running in the background. So I ran every virus scanner I had, even used my son's computer to completely scan my machine for open ports, etc. No luck, nothing found a thing wrong. Wed the culprit finally showed up when my hard drive failed. Does nothing now but constantly seek the head all over.

The good news is I was running a RAID setup, so everything is intact and all I had to do was unplug the offending HD and re-boot. Can't say enough good things about this old Abit BX-133 RAID system. It's really been a good machine and having the RAID setup saved me years of data and work, well at least hours and hours of recovery time anyway. And if that wasn't enough, my printer died the next day too. It was a long week.....

Tonight I hope to send out the last of the notices to those folks on the pre-order list. I've got about 20 titanium units already made, and just got more Key-Mates so I can make some black ones now too. This should complete the pre-order list and I'll delet it after the last one ships out.

Thanks again everyone for your interest and support with this mod.

Completing the Nano project means I can now direct my attention to the Pico and some other projects that I've been dying to get some work done on :)

catch228

Newly Enlightened

Gotta love those Abit BX boards. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

catch228

Newly Enlightened

Happy Day, got home from work today to find the package the postman left. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

I have been reading the posts here since I got on the preorder list and I must say the beamshots don't do the light justice. I was pleasantly surprised at how bright the nanomate is.

GREAT JOB LAMBDA!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Can't wait for the pico /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks!!

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Luxeon N Cell Flashlight - Pre-Orders Complete!

Oh ya, all the orders have left the building! I shipped the last of the Pre-Orders this morning; mission complete.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Free at last; what will I do with all the free time... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks again everyone, and enjoy your Nanos!

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Luxeon N Cell Flashlight - Pre-Orders Complete!

That's great news Kevin! Yes indeed! What will you do with all your free time now? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif CAN'T WAIT for the Picos and NM turbo heads! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif