JETBeam Jet-I PRO I.B.S. modification

Hrvoje

Newly Enlightened
I like JETBeam. In my opinion, they made one of the best looking flashlights. I won't even mention the quality. But that still can be improved. Here are some modification I made on my Jet-I PRO IBS Q5. First of all, I removed the ugly plastic retaining ring and made the new one of stainless steel. Now it looks more like Jet-I PRO V3.0
The second modification were on the tailcap. This light can't tailstand, so I replaced the original tailcap boot with the new, lower GITD boot, and also added the thin (0.5 mm) washer under the cap to lower it even more.
Finally, I replaced cold white Q5 emitter with neutral white Q2-5A (from DX drop-in). After I recently obtained the Jet-III M Q3-5A, I liked that tint more and more.

Hrvoje

jeti.jpg

jeti1.jpg

jeti2.jpg

jeti5.jpg

jeti4.jpg

Last edited:

007adan

Newly Enlightened
it looks like your original tailcap is larger than the GITD Dx tailcap. How did you get it to fit?

SiliconCali

Newly Enlightened
Looks really good Hrvoje! I have one of these on the way via CPF Market Place. I don't have the skill to do the stainless but I will do the tail cap. Was there a specific type rubber boot you bought, or size? I can't find any anywhere that say they fit this model.