Just a dinosaur here with loads of questions to follow.,

Alpha33

Newly Enlightened
I have a couple "Surefire" flashlights. One is a P3X Fury, the other a "Titan Plus". Seems like I've had them for 20 years or so it seems. I rarely use the "P3X Fury" because I don't care for the rear cap push button. I know they have there place but it's not for me. The little "Titan Plus" on the other hand has been my continuous companion. Been on my key ring since the day I bought it. Surefire used to produce the "R1 Lawman". I've always wanted one because it has the forward on/off switch, that I prefer.
Question., If I can find one, what should I be prepared to pay.

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire used to produce the "R1 Lawman". I've always wanted one because it has the forward on/off switch, that I prefer.

The Surefire R1 Lawman has two switches, one at the head and a tail switch. The tail switch is a twisty/momentary type of tail-cap which needs turning for constant on. The head switch is an electronic switch that acts like a clicky type of switch, so it can be switch on and off with the head switch and also the mode can be selected. Three presses of the tail switch accesses strobe mode.

Oveready produced a McClicky conversion and the have the early R1(750/15) on their website with the McClicky conversion for $555.10!

There were three different versions of the R1 lawman produced, the first had 750/15 lumens and the second had 1000/15 lumens, both had High, Medium and Low outputs and were supplied with mains and 12v chargers, rechargable Li-ion battery, CR123 battery adaptor and anti-roll ring that could be fitted to the head. The Third version was the R1 Intellibeam, 15-1000 lumens, which was again supplied with both chargers and Li-ion battery but the CR123 battery adapter and anti-roll ring were not included. On the Intellibeam version a double tap of either switch will produce maximum output and a triple tap of the tail switch accesses strobe mode. The tail switch, like the earlier versions, is a twisty/momentary.

Last edited:

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a couple "Surefire" flashlights. One is a P3X Fury, the other a "Titan Plus". Seems like I've had them for 20 years or so it seems. I rarely use the "P3X Fury" because I don't care for the rear cap push button. I know they have there place but it's not for me. The little "Titan Plus" on the other hand has been my continuous companion. Been on my key ring since the day I bought it. Surefire used to produce the "R1 Lawman". I've always wanted one because it has the forward on/off switch, that I prefer.
Whatever the market will bear.

Your best bet will be here on the B/S/T section, or on ebay, I imagine. I have no idea what they sell for, but if you watch here and on ebay, you should learn what they go for.

Good luck.