Keychain Light

MY

Enlightened
There obviously is a fine line between gouging and making a profit. I think that it is great that in our society no one is forced to buy something (ARC AAA) that he or she does not want for a given price. Let folks set the selling price at whatever is deemed appropriate and let the market place do the judging whether the price is too high. We all know what will happen if the price is too high. As it is though, ARC AAAs are selling at the prices that people are demanding - I would say that the asking price is not too high and that supply has just met market demand. This is suppose to be the way the system works. If you think that the price is too high, go buy a Peak or some other alternative.

Regards.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should have kept my mouth shut concerning Meridian as well. Like I said it is a deal, considering what you would pay on ebay.

I have one on the keychain and one spare. I will continue to use the one on the keychain and if it breaks, resort to the spare as these are lights meant to be used.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Chris,

You asked for opinions, well here is mine.

If I were in your shoes, I would have held on to them until just after Thanksgiving. I would then publicize a Christmas special. By that time, the dust will have settled a bit and people will realize how priceless the ARC AAA really is.

Waiting a couple of months would "re-frame" the price "as a great deal." A lot of people would be happy just to get their hands on one, with price being a secondary issue.

I have no problems with what you have done. You have continually offered us great deals and support CPF. I would love to see you maximize your profits on the ARC AAA's so you can continue to offer us your excellent service.

Tom

M

MeridianTactical

Hi SilverFox,

I thought of holding them back. But decided to quietly put them on the site and see what happends... I didn't tell anyone I had any, but they were found in a day and sold out.

I knew some people would be mad at the price and accuse me of profitereing... But now or later I'd get the same flack.

Chris

jbfla

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Meridian Tactical said:
[ QUOTE ]
2dim said:
"Whatever the market will bear, eh? Doesn't speak too well for Meridian in my mind..."

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry you feel that way... I don't mean to offend anyone... and I will freely admit to upping the price...

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't blame 2dim. I made the original statement. It was just an observation based on the conduct of another vendor who kept the price the same with the limit of one per person.

I don't begrudge any vendor on making a profit. That's how free enterprise works.

...I'm still waiting for the Streamlight sale... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Meanwhile, I think the topic was "Keychain Lights"

JB

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember a quote.. "Support your dealer: they too need to make a profit so that they will be there for you when you need them."

It's a good quote.

M

MeridianTactical

Sorry this got hijacked... I'm not blaming anyone just responding to what I saw as a generalization of the situation

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread, keychain lights and you....

Latest posts