Kingpower K2 w/ acrylic ball or acrylic lens?

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just drop a lens into the holder and push the Mag's head in, it holds it in place. That's how I do it anyway (I'm assuming it's the rubber lens holder/anti-roll cap?)

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea, it's plastic w/ anti roll... but I am not planning to use it on the maglite. I am planning to use it on the Fenix E20. I hope it fits perfectly... the diameter on the E20 is 25mm (1 inch). It almost the same as the maglite.

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am still waiting for my E20 and the acrylic lens to arrive. But quick questions for those that can chimp in.

To reach the max throw on the acrylic lens, would the beam be squareish?

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Try taking off the head and using the bare LED with the lens. Try to find the focal point. Maybe the lens isn't going down far enough.

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try taking off the head and using the bare LED with the lens. Try to find the focal point. Maybe the lens isn't going down far enough.

I did that and it did focus that way. But the hot spot is much weaker than with regular reflector.

I think you are right about it isn't going down far enough. Any solution?

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, it's not that, I can't get it to focus until I see a strong/squarish hot spot.

A good focus does not mean the best throw, I get the best throw with a off focus hot spot.

Go outside and play with the lens on a object 200 -300 feet away

Last edited:

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
A good focus does not mean the best throw, I get the best throw with a off focus hot spot.

Go outside and play with the lens on a object 200 -300 feet away

When I took out the head and just use the acrylic len and place it on top of the led... it got a squarish beam.. but VERY weak. Judging it with my nake eyes, it's no more than 30 lumen.

My stock head with reflector gives a much stronger hotspot around 90-100 lumen.