• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired KL3 Mod

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Britt,

The trimming I do on the PR for the KL3 doesn't remove any reflector. If you look at a PR, you'll see that there is some meat that can be removed without affecting the reflector. With the one's I've done, I can't see any difference between the fitted reflector and the stock (PR) reflector.

On the L1, I don't see why I wouldn't be able to do it; however, I've never actually done one. You might want to run this by Don first.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tony, I don't know what I'm talking about. You do the mod however you think it should be done and I'll be happy as a clam.

Don put up three L1 PR-T 917s for sale today and I finally managed to nab one. All three were gone in about 47 minutes. Whew!

I've got a line on a KL-3 that I will close on and have it shipped directly to you.

Britt

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those that were interested, the reflectors should be here soon. I'll get a few cranked out and post when they are ready.

joker354

Newly Enlightened
Tony,
I got the My KL3 mod in today. This thing is awsome. I am very happy with it. Thanks for doing the mod buddy.

Eric.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eric,

I'm glad that you liked it. Do you concur with my opinion that turning the reflector didn't affect the beam? I'm sure that many are asking themselves this question.

Thanks for posting and letting me know.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
All TWAK's are gone. Even some that I had set aside for myself. I do have some SWAK's on their way from the Shoppe, if anyone is interested.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my PR mod. I had my doubts about this but I'm a believer. Chop did a very professional job. Beats the couple of hours I spent with a Dremel on the KL3 and PR on the mod I've done. Truly a great plug and play solution. Way to go Tony! I'm sure glad you got that lathe. You are truly dangerous now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CM

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
CM,

I'm glad it worked out for you. I guess you can ignore my PM about the KL3 kit.

hideo

Enlightened
wow, that's a testimonial if I ever heard one--I have one of CM's beautiful 700 mA TWOK KL1 heads and it's great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif ...

I'll just kick back and wait for my purplish KL3 head to return much brighter/whiter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

hideo

Latest posts