KL4, KL5, KL6..........

Size15's

Flashaholic
What do I think about what desmondpun said?

I think desmondpun has not seen, held or used a 5W Luxeon SureFire.

I urge desmondpun to call SureFire on 800 828 8809 and ask to speak with someone who can explain why SureFire makes illumination tools and where SureFire is going in terms of technology, and why. It will be valuable for desmondpun to post feedback here on CPF. I think we can all gain from a better understanding of SureFire's Mission, Aims and Objectives.

Respectfully,

Al

desmondpun

Newly Enlightened
I think I need to clarify a few points:

1. SF is one of the best manufacturer that produces great flashlight and actually I've just ordered A2.

2. It is not my intention to criticize SF or their product.

3. I'm just wonder "is it possible that they adapt a strategy......" Because marketing is one of my main field.

4. Definitely, it is not my intention to upset anyone of you. Because I think you guys are really interesting and helpful.

5. "I think desmondpun has not seen, held or used a 5W Luxeon SureFire." You are right. But I will buy one for sure.

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this thread is similar to the monthly "Sebenza bashing" where especially those without one explain why it is an overpriced piece of junk /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Coming back to the actual SF and current KLx debate - I absolutely do agree with Don and Al and would like to get a reference to a better shipping 1W LS product - leave out the LSH-P for now as we´re not just talking size and whiteness here - owning LS products from both companies they simply are the best in my book - choosing between those is maybe similar to a Porsche - Ferrari debate. I actually would have a hard time naming one to be better - both are great and serve their different purposes very well - and BTW - my LS is greenish and my KL is bluish /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

But coming back to the question "Where to possibly improve future and current KLx designs"

As was discussed already - I personally would prefer a tint 3/4 LS over a tint 5 which I *guess* the single KL1 I have left seems to have - incidentally I gave away what possible was a tint 3 which was a tad less bright than other KL1´s with possibly 4/5 tint and violet/bluish beams but brighter.

One point where I´m backing my armchair engineering efforts by other people postings on the forum is the use of a 1 Ohm current sense resistor - if SF would have used an 0.1 Ohm type possibly less waste would happen and efficiency would be up somewhat - and efficiency probably is the only "weak" point comparing the KLx heads to other well designed regulated LS products. But again - this is only "armchair engineering" and I apologize upfront if I´m way off - actually PK or whoever explaining that the 1 Ohm resistor is the absolute perfect value and that my rambling is totally stupid and unfounded really wouldn´t make me wonder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

But coming back to what sounds like heavy trolling to me - accusing the first and pretty much still the only large company pioneering the use of LED technology in standard and tactical lightning since SHOT 2002 already to ship inferior products to cash in on battery and blown bulbs ? ARE YOU KIDDING ? I think this is ridiculous and my gut feeling here is: We should stop feeding the troll and close the thread.

Klaus

EDIT - just read the latest post which was posted while I typed my message - sorry for my last comment then

Latest posts