Flashaholic
Tatasal --

Can you tell us if your
L92 cells were manufactured
in USA, or Singapore ? ? ?

Just out of curiousity . . . .

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
in usa only energizer sells AA lithiums, retail that is. however battery space sells powerizer lithium AA, i do not know how good they are, but on paper they are not much different from energizer.

3qvnFu0.jpg
[
UiVW37k.jpg

Well, my 2013 batch of Energizer AAA Ultimate Lithium batteries, which the factory guaranteed "Not to Leak", leaked!

It is very strange for a real Li to leak, based on their construction. I've seen a bunch of issues with bulk Energizer L91s sold on Azon lately and wonder if they are counterfeit. They have a lot of "1 Star" ratings on the bulk packs, with numerous failures or arriving with low voltage. The 4-12 count blister packs have much higher star ratings, so SOMETHING is different. I started buying only blister packs online and have had great results.

Energizer is so confident in their L91 that they will replace your device if their L91 leaks.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
not necessarily fake, but made at different factories, using ingredients from different suppliers.

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Made in Singapore
]
1Pm7mwC.jpg
[/IMG]
Note on the right Energizer the embossed factory marking " 0513"
jjcTgNG.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
FNu9Hz8
i have 2 that came from blister pack of 4. made in usa 03-2025, there aren't any stamped numbers on them.

FNu9Hz8
FNu9Hz8
FNu9Hz8.jpg

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Reading the many "one-star" reviews on a very large "e-tailer" (no, please don't link) reveals a number of notable possibilities.

As others have mentioned, the loose / bulk purchases appear to generally rate much more poorly than the sealed blister packs.

Variations in labeling are also discussed, although without confirmation from the manufacturer, it is difficult to verify authenticity.

Missing (or passed) expiration dates, different locations (other than USA or Singapore) , marked "industrial" or "not intended for retail trade" , among others.

Many complaints of poor capacity and/or short shelf life, but some reports of measurably lower voltage and poor ZTS response, too.

Curiously, no other reports of leakage that I could easily find, among the first few hundred of these reviews I scanned.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
I'll mention that none of my L91/L92 have been bulk-packaged, instead mostly blister packs from "brick-and-mortar" stores (not large e-tailers)

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tatasal, any updates on what Energizer is going to do? Their guarantee looks pretty rock solid but who knows?

We have an ongoing back and forth messaging and so far nothing much from them...they dribble the issue as good as Ernie D !

tatasal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, finally Energizer has informed me via email that they will be sending me check within 21 days, as property damage, in the amount of a staggering $20!...btw, up from an original amount they offered of $10!!

That is after 22 back and forth emails.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like another reason to stick with Eneloops. I've never heard of them leaking and ruining anything.

$10-$20 bucks if they leak and ruin something? Not much of a guarantee. Around here, that's what they cost in the first place!

dcarrera

Newly Enlightened
I still have both batteries with me.

I just tested it, both at a stable 1.783v, still a long way to go actually had they not corroded.

The ironic thing here is I 'ate' the Energizer Ultimate Lithium costs for peace-of-mind protection against corrosion....(after seeing the so much cheaper alkalines leak even before running out of juice in my other friend's Remotes)..only to have this happen to me!

Edit: Photo added

nwDotmz.jpg

I know this is an old thread, but I just joined the forum to comment on this post. The L91 handbook says the open circuit voltage (OCV) for Lithium batteries is deceptive because the battery voltage drops under load. The OCV of an L91 battery is around 1.8V but it suddenly drops to around 1.5V the moment you start pulling just a few milliamps. Furthermore, then handbook says:

"The OCV for a battery can be misleading. A "good" battery will generally have an OCV>1.74 volts. Any battery with an OCV <1.70 (after it has been allowed to recover) iscompletely discharged. Although an alkaline battery may read "good" at 1.6 volts, thisreading on a LiFeS2 battery indicates the product has been discharged."

So your batteries could be quite close to a full discharge and still measure a pretty high voltage on a voltmeter. It is hard to tell how much life is left just based on the voltage because the discharge curve is so flat.