La Crosse BC-700

alejo71

Newly Enlightened
Recently, i bought to a German seller (seems to be honest) a La Crosse BC-700, well a tehcnoline BC-700 (same charger).
Nothing to complain about it, but what I realize is that bay number 2 seems to be weakest than the others (I know that bay 1 is the one that sets the highest charging rate of the 4 bays), mA seems to be the same rate than the other bays when charging my Eneloops , but it last more than the rest to charge, an sometimes misses finishing, to avoid that problem I use highest rates of charging/discharging but it still goes on.
Anybody else has notice the same problems?

MarioJP

Enlightened
Hello there.

Would want to make sure that the barrel at the end of the ac adapter is making good contact on the input of the back of the charger. I have the BC-900, one thing I notice is if the buzzing is loud the ma charging starts to drop when charging 4 cells and all 4 bays. This improved when I cleaned the barrel or the tip of the ac adapter, and the input of the back of the charger, that seems to make the buzzing sound to go away and I get full charging rate on all 4 bays after the cleaning.

That is one con i do not like about this charger is they could of made the barrel much better. Cleaning the input on the charger can be little tricky.
This might apply for the Bc-700 as it is technically the same design. I have a laptop with this same problem because the barrel is no longer making good contact like the battery symbol would flicker AC and battery back and fourth. I wounder if this is a common problem using this type of connection??.

If for some reason 3 bays out of 1 bay is getting the full charging rate specified except bay 2 (assuming that you set the max charging rate) might want to contact the seller about this.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

core

Newly Enlightened
I know that bay 1 is the one that sets the highest charging rate of the 4 bays

Just a small clarification: Bay 1 doesn't set the maximum charge rate for the rest, the first bay you use does. So if you put a cell in bay 3 first, that sets your max charge rate.

As for your problem, I have not experienced this myself on my BC-700. But then again I probably would not notice a certain bay taking a few minutes longer than others as my cells aren't at the SOC usually. One can't expect them all to be exactly the same, and no cause for worry unless it causes problems.

I can see where a higher resistance connection on bay 2 would cause it to take longer to charge while still displaying the same charge current. I cannot, however, think of why this would cause missed terminations. (Anybody?)

Oh, and :welcome:

alejo71

Newly Enlightened
I can see where a higher resistance connection on bay 2 would cause it to take longer to charge while still displaying the same charge current. I cannot, however, think of why this would cause missed terminations. (Anybody?)

And I tried with brand new packet 4 AA Eneloops 4AA Rayovac and 4AAA Eneloops and always bay 2 caused problems...:thinking: With used cells it didn't work better :ohgeez:, so after all that tests I decided to send it back to seller to get a new one, as soon as it arrives, I'll post results…