Latarka Defence worst light ever?

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a light from Helikon Tex and besides it not being made in EU the PCB with the LEDs is just a short spring away from the batteries, the clip is bolted on and loose and the threads leave a bit to be desired.

The body is thick I'll give it that and it has decent brightness but it is overall shoddy in quality. For a light that cost around fifty of some currency that is for defence I really have to wonder.

Anyone have one or any experience with them? I've been going around buying all kinds of obscure Euro lights and this is by far the worst.

fulee9999

Enlightened
Helikon-Tex is a well known polish "survivalist" or bushcrafter oriented brand. Most of their stuff is cheaply made camping gear, which are sometimes great, but you get what you pay for in any case. I have a hunting hat from them, which is great, but most of their products are too tacticool to be of any use. Here the "Defender" costs around 25 EUR/USD, but even at that price it's a bit sketchy.
I'm actually unsure what did you expect from that flashlight.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Consider it a learning experience, marketing hype is as strong in the flashlight/torch industry as any other market, I would either use it till it stopped working then mod it OR mod it now to improve reliability.

YMMV 😉

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have three of their hats and one was a downright bad design. Their shirts and backpack were decent though. This is a real hit or miss company. You would think for a military light it would be made to be abused.