Found it! >> Activefire AA light..

Schuey2002

Enlightened
I was wondering if someone could please help me identify this light?

In a recent Tested video on Youtube, Adam Savage can be seen using this particular flashlight.

It kind of looks like a Lumintop Tool AA, but the body is all wrong.

Here is the video that I am referring too.

And here is a quick screenshot..

Attachments

• Adam Savage Light.jpg
    Adam Savage Light.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
Ages ago I had a 1xAA cylinder light from Sharper Image that was virtually indetical to the light in the posted image. One level. Mechanical switch. Cool white emitter estimated at 6000k, producing all of 130 lumens!!! Annodizing wore off relatively quickly, with the result being the Sharper Image light looked a lot like the well-worn light in the posted image.

It might - might - be a second generation 1xAA light from Brookstone (RIP). Brookstone was a knockoff competitor to Sharper Image. Brookstone went out of business around 2010 or thereabouts. Brookstone branded lights were basic 130 lumen-ish cool white glove box lights. XPE emitters. 1.5v max input. HA II anodizing. Currently of interest only to the most fanatic collectors of off-brand torches.

Schuey2002

Enlightened
I think that I may have found it on Amazon. The light is called an, "ACTIVEFIRE Mini AA Pen Pocket Torch"...

Anyhoo, it looks pretty much like the light in Adam's hand. And, it even comes with a Glow-in-the-Dark booty on the tailswitch.. :buttrock:

** My search is going to stop here. I'm going to order one of these ActiveFire's on Amazon.... :giggle:

Edited to add a photo:
Activefire.jpg

Last edited:

sim1tti

Newly Enlightened
I think that I may have found it on Amazon. The light is called an, "ACTIVEFIRE Mini AA Pen Pocket Torch"...
Wow. Not sure how you found that. It does look entirely the same, though I'm almost positive it shares the exact same body of the Convoy T2. Not sure if the T2 ever came with a neon clicky though.

The Convoy T2 did come out with some Nichia 219 emitters options in its last release. Also a Samsung LH351d option. Pretty nice! ZeroAir has very thorough reviews on several of the T2 iterations.

Schuey2002

Enlightened
Looking at the Convoy T2 and this 'Active Fire', they both look so similar in the details..

I wonder if these are being cranked out in China and different brand names are being slapped on them?

Last edited:

Schuey2002

Enlightened
Wow. Not sure how you found that. It does look entirely the same, though I'm almost positive it shares the exact same body of the Convoy T2. Not sure if the T2 ever came with a neon clicky though.

The Convoy T2 did come out with some Nichia 219 emitters options in its last release. Also a Samsung LH351d option. Pretty nice! ZeroAir has very thorough reviews on several of the T2 iterations.
DavetheDude mentioned a "Brookstone" light. And, so I did a Google search for a "Brookstone flashlight" and this light came up in the top of the search results.. :)

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
It might - might - be a second generation 1xAA light from Brookstone (RIP). Brookstone was a knockoff competitor to Sharper Image. Brookstone went out of business around 2010 or thereabouts. Brookstone branded lights were basic 130 lumen-ish cool white glove box lights. XPE emitters. 1.5v max input. HA II anodizing. Currently of interest only to the most fanatic collectors of off-brand torches.
If you really wanna dig deep, Streamlight made 2-C-cell pocket lights for Brookstone in the mid '80s. There's a whole universe of weird cylindrical flashlights related to these I should do a post on.