LED Drop-In for a Surefire M3?

I have the Veleno M3 tower module (neutral) and it's very nice. It puts out about the same amount of light as the MN11, but for 10x as long, and gives the option of running primary or rechargeable batteries with no change in brightness. FWIW, I applied a layer of Arctic Silver 5 thermal grease to the side of the tower, where it contacts the reflector to assist with heat transfer and I've never noticed a decrease in output after running it for a couple hours.

I've ordered a Malkoff MD60 and will see how it works in my M4, but I suspect it will be just as good. It has a wider brass tower, since the original bulb was wider, but it remains to be seen how well it disposes of the heat generated my the MC-E.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of my M3 outfitted with a Malkoff MD10. It's bright and the batteries last a long time. Nice round beam.

CLBME

Enlightened
Hi Electromage- I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the MD60. I just found an M4 and have been considering a Malkoff for it.

I've ordered a Malkoff MD60 and will see how it works in my M4, but I suspect it will be just as good. It has a wider brass tower, since the original bulb was wider, but it remains to be seen how well it disposes of the heat generated my the MC-E.

coxhaus

Newly Enlightened
It has been a couple of years now and technology moves on. I have a M3 which I would like to convert to LED but I would still like to fall back to the old bulb for hunting if possible.. Is there a drop in or replacement head which would be good for a Surefire M3?

PS
Where can I buy this? From someone on this forum?

Last edited: