LED equivalent to car high beam .. ?

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Thx for the replies you all! :] Do you have links for those products? --or i could google tomorrow (since there is a tomorrow now, lol) I'm searching for a substitute for a car halogen filament bulb reflector assy to replace it with LED(s) warm/natural -white and possibly a lens but need one that will draw far less current than the 50-60W (~5 Amps) Looking for 1-2Amps. Thanks!
And, Yes looking for good distance mainly, with a small to fair amount of ambient spread (enough to light up a close-by mountain-side) . (not using it for hunting)
-Cheers!

We can't give links.

Try going to the CPF Marketplace...there are lots of vendors there who give CPF member discounts.

You didn't mention a budget. There are a LOT of lights that can out light your hi-beams with a giant wall of light, or, if you want to spend some more $, throw a tighter beam 1,000 meters, etc.

:D

steve-o2

Newly Enlightened
Maybe something like this:
The 1.5A current looks appealing, just not sure how bright it'll be .. Budget? well dunno 100 bucks or less would be nice. This LED array is 11.50usd ..
It's 9v though.. that means w/ a 12 V batt I'll have to drop 3V, wasted in heat.. regulator & heatsink .. :/

Thanks TEEJ , I'll check out the marketplace here ..

Cheers and thanx you-all :]

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb165/steve-o777777/CREEwarmwhite_zps0f5c2f51.jpg

Your image is too large and has been replaced with a link. Please resize and repost.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

Last edited by a moderator: