LED Lenser X14, X7R and X21R

davyro

Enlightened
I own a T7 & a M14 from LedLenser & i find they do a job for me every now & again,i must admit i bought them before i came across CPF.
Now that i own some really good quality lights i only get them out rarely.They do throw well & that's why i do get them out now & again.
Having said that if i really want good throw i use my Thrunite TN11.So all in all I'll put it down to experience that i bought them.What i
will say is mine are really well built & they do give very good run time:confused:.

utlgoa

Enlightened
I haven't heard anything. I was looking forward to seeing how they would update their lights, but nothing so far. Coast has been quietly updating their version of the lights after their split with Led Lenser, but they seem to be incremental upgrades with the exception of the Coast HP17 which appears to be using a Cree XM-L with 615 ANSI lumens.

I own the Coast HP17 and it's a great utilization of the Cree XM-L.

There're are now a ton of videos on YouTube reviewing the X7R.

After watching a few, I just had to purchase one.

steve100g

Newly Enlightened
:caution: You guys want too much out of life, I've had a x21, x7r and a couple of head torches, this are all superb build quality is good and loads of light.

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
:caution: You guys want too much out of life, I've had a x21, x7r and a couple of head torches, this are all superb build quality is good and loads of light.

I have a Coast PX25, HP550, and P17. And with the exception of that horrible battery holder in the PX25, they've all been pretty good lights. The REAL problem with Coast/Lenser is what you get for the money. For instance, the P14 has been a good light for me. And with 212 lumens, output is decent enough (although hardly overwhelming). All in all, it's a perfectly good $35 light. The problem? It didn't cost $35. It was closer to $80. And for that price, I can get a Nitecore EA4 (if I want the same 4xAA configuration) and have cash to spare. Not to mention 860 lumens rather than a mere 212! THIS is the real issue with Coast/Lenser. Truth be told, the build quality is not all that bad. It's just that you're paying close to Surefire prices for Chinese lights.

The one exception is the HP550 which was available at Costco. It's actually a REALLY good multi-AA XM-L light. I would DEFINITELY say that is's in the same league as the Fenix TK41 or Nightcore EA8. But at $49 (with nine alkaleaks to gift to friends), it's substantially less than either and actually quite a good deal. However, this light seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

Last edited: