LED "sockets" on new RIGEL MINIs

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi-

Has anyone used any of the new RIGEL MINIs? This page includes the phrase "Lamp Provisions: Four 5mm LED sockets" in the spec table. Does that mean that one could change LEDs by just unplugging them and plugging in others?

While on the same subject. Has anyone found a place where a Mil-Starlite mini may be ordered directly, online? RIGEL's order page only looks like an order page -- the "add to cart" buttons aren't hooked up. I've been through all of the aviation links on the RIGEL dealers page and most of the astronomy links there and haven't seen the Mil-Starlite mini for sale.

Has anyone bought a Mil-Starlite mini without a call or fax to RIGEL?

rigelsys

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

The "add to cart" buttons should work, they do in my browser. Yes the LEDs are socketed, for two pairs of LEDs (e.g., two white + two red) pairs selectable by small thumb switch.

Dealers now carrying the skylite mini online include anacortes telescope. Others are picking it up and incorporating it into their online catalogs.

Any other questions contact us directly

best regards

Leon Palmer
Rigel Systems

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went to anacortes telescope and did a search for 'rigel'. I got 22 hits for Rigel products but if they are carrying the Mil-Starlite mini, it's not on the results page for 'rigel'. The Mil-Starlite mini has only two LEDs (both green) according to the Rigel website. If they are selling it they are keeping it a secret.

Last edited:

rigelsys

Newly Enlightened
Anacortes is in the process of adding our line of flashlights, I guess they don't it all sorted out now (they've just finished revamping their invetory/sales/receivables system). You can still order it from us directly.

Leon Palmer

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Sub - on your linked page it states at the bottom for the Skylite Mini (did you see that?):

LED's are socketed and easy to replace or change to other colors (blue, green, infrared, etc.)

The new mini is lookin' real good!! Any chance of a CPF discount or group buy? Had to ask! :D

Last edited:

rigelsys

Newly Enlightened
The new mini is lookin' real good!! Any chance of a CPF discount or group buy? Had to ask!
biggrin.gif

Yep, there's always a chance. Can offer my standard El Camino College (where I teach partime astronomy) or TRW (what pays the bills) discount for a group, and can even print up a CPF logo sticker to put on it!

Counting noses, how many for a group buy?

Leon Palmer
Rigel Systems

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would really rock!

I'm in for (1) MIL-STARLIGHT mini.

EDIT: Maybe you should start a new thread with "group buy" in the subject so more folks would see it.

Last edited: