Light to compliment my friend's new Audi?

TJx

Newly Enlightened
As long as $100 is not a limit, how about a Surefire L7. It comes with both AC & DC chargers and choice of OD or black.
It might be a sin to say this here but they can be had for around $170 on ebay.

BSBG

Enlightened
In my Audi I keep a P3D, and ROP Low and usually an L1 in my jacket pocket :devil:.

But since your friend is not a flashlight geek like most of us, an AA powered Fenix or an L1 (which he will hate if he ever has to buy a $6 battery for) would be fine.

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
Given that he's not a "flashaholic", and you're looking for a light to go with his car, I think you ought to give him two lights--one that can either serve as an EDC or stashed away neatly inside the car somewhere, and another easily accessible in the car at all times.

The Porsche cigarette lighter has good utility and looks very nice--it's definitely not going to be a blinding bright white light, but it'll be bright enough as a task light, such as looking at papers or finding something that has fallen inside the cabin. And it'll be easily accessible, resting in the cigarette lighter socket. So get him that.

In addition, get a nice P2D Q5 in black. It's a clicky switch light that takes 1 CR123 battery. The CR123 lasts a VERY long time. The P2D is powerful enough to be very useful, but small enough to fit most anywhere in the car. The P3D would be a good choice too, although it is larger.

Total cash outlay will be around $100 (if you buy the $33.60 Porsche light and get the P2D using the CPF8 discount code).

Anyway, that's my suggestion. Both lights together would serve him well.

Illum

Flashaholic
Friend's new Audi? Skip the lithium route. If it decides to vent and burn down his new car, I think the relationship may become strained.

edited
if he doesn't use it much, for the long term storage scenario, lithium primaries may still be the best...something stylish, splice $100 into several lights
does anyone care for black Inova X5 nowadays?

Last edited:

Wattnot

Enlightened
Here is another version of the cigarette lighter light but this one is made by Audi/VW. I can't tell from the photo of the Porshe one above but this one might be smaller, which might fit better if there is a closable door where the lighter goes.

http://oempl.us/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=50&products_id=37

That's only $28 bucks so get him that and one of the other lights the "enlightened" folks above suggested!

:huh:

Illum

Flashaholic
I wouldn't exactly claim millions of members on this forum, yet we've had a few already experience this. Better than lottery odds for sure.

gotcha, edited :thanks:

I have about 4 lithium lights and about 10 spare cr123As on the car...I should know:rolleyes:

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
Carbon fibre, brushed metal................can only be one option. Never much cared for the Gatlight but it is the perfect accompanyment to a Vorsprung durch Technic.

You might have to steal his wallet first though!;)

http://gatlight.com/hosted/v3-02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: