LionHeart HA3 Now Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

M_R

Enlightened
LH arrived in Gatineau Québec today in only 9 days!!!
Great light Charlie.

Happy Holidays everyone!!

Matthew

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hey Matt, ain't that Kweee-Beck place in Canada somewheres ???!!! So there was no strike there, eh? Guess the strikers were hosers, eh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Cones

Enlightened
I checked my duff PILA cell this morning after charging overnight.

No difference. Looks like a high internal resistance problem. Low voltage (3.2 Volts) no load. It does just manage to light the Lionheart but it will flash on and off if you select full power. If I load it into the charger it does not light the Red (Charging) LED's. So I assume that the PCM (Protection Control and Monitoring) electronics in the cell may have gone faulty. I would be interested to hear if anyone else has had similar problems of if this is an isolated incident?

The good news is that the other cells work great. Plus the charger is nice and simple and works fine with a UK plug fitted as it is multi voltage/frequency. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have taken a load more pictures which I will add to my review later tonight (GMT).

Having fun with my new toys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mark

Mac

Newly Enlightened
Mine arrived in Scotland this morning /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif
It's fantastic and everything I expected! Just need to master the controls now.

Have a great Christmas

Fraser

Wrangler

Enlightened
CHRISTMAS in Ruesselsheim, Germany already!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LionHeart no. 149 arrived today Dec. 22nd! (Was shipped Dec.
14th!)
Fantastic made and easily to operate little light! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif
Just waiting for the darkness outside now.
For the "wallshiners" there`s to say that the beam definitely has those artifacts. But I don`t think they will injure the usefulness outside in any way!
(Guess if I want the beam perfectly circled I`ve to please Klaus for his help! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif)
All in all I`m VERY happy with that little gem right now!
Thanks a lot to MR BULK and the HAT !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you!
Wolfgang

83Venture

Enlightened
Charlie Claus has made this a Merry Christmas for a lot of people, and a happy Birthday as well for me - 12/24. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Wong

Newly Enlightened
LionHeart No:266 Arrived Singapore and received /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

AWESOME!!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goodjob.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif

try to play with the power on manu mode but failed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif will try again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Thanks and Merry X'mas to all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Best regards
Wong

Mac

Newly Enlightened
Just a quick question - when I try and recharge the battery the lights flash red/green continously. Is this normal?

Cheers

Fraser

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Just got my PILA 168A extension from Otokoyama. Beautiful work as usual and a perfect HA III match and fit. With battery it's 4 3/8" and 4.1 oz compared to the stock LH's 3 3/4" and 3.4 oz. I'll carry the original unit around town and use the big one for trips and hikes. A great light either way.

Brightnorm

Skavoovie

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif LionHeart #194 is safe and sound in Michgan.

This being my first flashlight beyond those normal aluminum lights you find, I am AMAZED. I initially wondered what I was doing spending this much money on a flashlight, but ALL of my initial doubt has been put to rest. Both smaller and brighter than I imagined... and so much more.

The UI is totally intuitive (only had to refer to the manual to get to Configuration Mode 1… And I work in embedded systems so I understand the challenges there), the machining quality is beautiful, the knurling is perfect, the button is... I like everything about the light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Charlie, you and your team definitely proved your light expertise. Thank you for making the LH available in such large quantities for people like me who had never even heard of CPF, Mr Bulk, or the LionHeart until the end of October.

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
The wise men of the east arrived earlier than foreseen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

roi_mages_1.sized.jpg

roi_mages_2.sized.jpg

Have a nice holiday Charlie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kewlpics.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif Those are great photos, Frenchy!

Britt

MicroE

Enlightened
Frenchy---So, in France the story of the baby Jesus is told with three Wise Flashlights?
What gifts did they bring? Pilas, maybe?
I am always amazed by the traditions of other cultures!

Gliderguy

Newly Enlightened
Been away from the computer on a trip to see family, but JUST before I left on Monday afternoon, LH #133 made it home. Outstanding craftmanship, and I haven't even left the default UI. I couldn't have asked for a better serial number if I had paid the $10 and chosen it custom.

The make of glider I used to own was an L-33 which looks an awful lot like 133. Had to sell the glider when I was relocated for a few years to New Mexico.

Had just a few minutes problem getting good contact where the light would light up to full power, but after screwing and unscrewing (is there a less loaded way to say that?) the battery compartment a few times all was well.

I have also notice the slight reflector issue and as noted by others in this thread before, a slight shimming up of less than 1 mm really tightens up the beam.

Absolutely top notch work. I am thinking the primo fix for the slight variations in reflectors is to drill and tap three tiny holes with allen head set screws in the "firewall" between the luxeon and main circuit board. these would give the reflector "feet" an adjustable base so the reflector could have a small range of adjustment.
I haven't been able to measure just how thick the aluminium is right behind the luxeon, there may or may not be enough metal there before interfering with the main circuit board. I guess I will have to go look and see just how long those roll pins were to get some idea if this is practical.

Glad I was able to jump on board before all these were gone.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.