• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired LionHearts Will Ship Very Slowly...*sob*

chasm22

Newly Enlightened
wallyrulz; Your right. I was referring to fleegs original post about the 'standard' sheath. I missed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/oops.gif the follow-up post where he recommended the premium nylon sheath. Like you said, either would be good.

Haesslich; I'm using the nylon sheath. The fit is good, it holds the light firmly.

chasm22

wallyrulz

Enlightened
chasm22 said:
[ QUOTE ]
wallyrulz; Your right

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif It's good to be right sometimes. . . Ok occasionally. . . Ok rarely. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

I sure am anxious to see a picture of a whole bunch of HAIII Lionhearts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
chasm22 said:
Haesslich; I'm using the nylon sheath. The fit is good, it holds the light firmly.

chasm22

[/ QUOTE ]

It fits well even without batteries? How about the leather one? I'm getting the standard Wave ones, but if these fit better... well, I've got OTHER lights to use with the first one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Yes, they ship to me tomorrow. Of course there is a certain Turkey day in between, dang it.

Spuz

Newly Enlightened
Woohoo! The end is in sight! Now all you need to do is harness your alien technology to build a flying sleigh so that Santa Bulk can fly around the world bringing presents to all the good little flashaholics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Speaking of which - Mr B are you spending the holidays here, or are you returning to the mother ship for a break and some of those extraterestrial libations. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
Yes, they ship to me tomorrow. Of course there is a certain Turkey day in between, dang it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does it always seem that whenever you are waiting on something you really want--like yesterday-- something always comes up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Lets hope it turns out the only turkey was the one on the table and not the person you are waiting on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Aloha,
Bill

rp42995

Newly Enlightened
Mr.Bulk
you enjoy your Turkey day we all could wait for your Masterpiece!!! enjoy the holiday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

chasm22

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Haesslich said:
[ QUOTE ]
chasm22 said:

chasm22

[/ QUOTE ]

It fits well even without batteries? How about the leather one? I'm getting the standard Wave ones, but if these fit better... well, I've got OTHER lights to use with the first one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Haesslich; The LH fits in the nylon sheath very well without the battery. It's still a snug enough fit to hold the light in the sheath when it's turned upside down with the sheath flap open. With a battery, it is a snugger fit but still one that I would call very good, meaning that it is easy to place the light in and take it out of the sheath using one hand. With two batteries, the fit is tighter than I would want. It's kind of like the horizontal carry position. It's doable, but if you wear an 1.5" wide belt it's a real hassle and anything wider is impossible. At least with mine.

My son-in-law has leather Wave sheath He has the old Wave and I believe what is now referred to as the standard sheath. It seemed difficult to close the sheath with the LH in. I think the premium sheaths(both the Charge's and the NEW Wave)are basically the same after looking at the website except for aesthetics. The standard Wave sheath OTOH, appears to be smaller.

chasm22

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif So they're basically the same, except the latter has a plate instead of the logo? Sewing quality's the same, ditto the belt loops? I'm looking at the leather as the primary-carry, and as you've noted, the Charge IS a bit bigger than the Wave - old and new-style.

wallyrulz

Enlightened
The only dimension where the wave and charge differ is on thickness. I think this is probably the only difference in sheaths. It is not much, but it is there.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
In that case, the Charge Leather sheath may be a better fit for the LH than the Wave Leather, correct?

If that's so, the Charge Leather sheath may fit better on that end.

wallyrulz

Enlightened
I would think so. I have the charge sheath, so when my Lionheart comes, I will let you know.

Btw, the charge sheath is the BEST multitool sheath I have ever used. Three pockets, horizontal and vertical carry. I really love it. And best of all, when it goes south (as they all do) It is only $8 for a replacement.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Time to call around then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But that Leatherman Wave sheath looks PERFECT for my Q-III, as this one's already getting a bit chewed up inside. Betcha that it'd work great for a MicroMiniMagMadMax+ too.

loalight

Enlightened
I've been using the sheath that came with my Microtech Mini SOCOM Elite. Useless for the knife, IMO, but super for the LH. It has seams on the edges which prevent the button from being pushed, and can be used horizontally or vertically. I saw that microtech does sell them separately on their website.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Loa: Where'd you get that? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif And I'll do a Google search - how does it secure to the belt? How thick are the belt loops?

Edit: Just went to the Microtech site, and I have to send my card first, they say. Tried ordering from them directly before? I don't feel comfortable just sending it via normal email.