Long runtime, very small headlamp

beast1210

Newly Enlightened
My edc light, and backup headlamp is the zebralight H600, on low low .09 lumen for 80 days on an 18650

Bolster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beast offers an excellent suggestion. Also the AA Zebralights are very compact and have long runtime on lower levels.

Shorty66

Enlightened
Reading your other Thread i think, that waiting for the Zebralight h302 would be a good choice. As Zebralight is pretty sketchy on ETAs you might have to wait a Year or more for that light, though.
The H502 doesnt support 14500s but its still a good alternative if you dont want to wait.

Alternativly i would think that for a robust backup light an electronic button is not really the best option. You could try finding an old zebralight H50. That one is activated by screwing on the endcap and has very few possible failure-points. Its not up to date though, and missing the super low mode you want.

On a side note I would really like having a KISS Zebralight like the H50 with more modern technology again... ZL?

benhudson

Newly Enlightened
So the H302 is essentially a H30, but with an XM-L rather than an XP-G, is that right?

I'm with you on the simplified switch systems - the benefits of an electrical switch seem very limited. If the Ultrafire UF-H series of lamps just has a simple endcap switch and a more simple UI, they would potentially be a brilliant (and even cheaper) light.

Cheers,
Ben

benhudson

Newly Enlightened
To quote my other thread:

After long consideration, I have ordered a H31c, along with two AW RCR123s for general use. Despite the lack of ubiquity of CR123a's, I decided that the smaller form factor was the most beneficial thing in a backup. On expeditions a few spare primaries should tide me over just fine; in the UK I'll use rechargeables. Despite the big lumen drop between the H31 and H31c, I think the high CRI version may suit me better - I've been using lovely warm XT-Es in my caving lamp and it really pains me to have to use the cool light of a Pixa 3 on the rare occasions I have to!

Thanks for all your help,
Ben

citrus

Newly Enlightened
It would seem like a lot for me to remember. Great review, though.