Longest wearing duty boot??

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I waited for my local shop to order new stock and finally got to try on a pair of the heavier Rocky Paraboots. Holy smoke they were horrible and were heavy as bricks. I believe I am so used to wearing the lighter stuff I am simply spoiled and had no idea just how heavy a real boot was.

The shop owner and I were looking around when I saw a pair of Converse duty boots. I made the comment of I had tried a pair of these a few years back and they were very comfortable however only lasted a few months. The owner said they had improved their stitching, and materials, and were a much better boot today.

At 110 dollars I did not wish to try another pair and said no thanks. The shop owner said if I would just try a new pair he would knock 40 dollars off the cost just to get me into a new pair. What a deal so I took them home and will try them out again. He did ask me to buy my future boots from him and I will gladly do so as he did me a great service today.

I still have my old torn up pair and compared them to the new versions. The new ones do have an extra row of stitching and what seems to be a more beefy lug pattern. For 70 dollars I can not complain so it looks like the Converse boots will be my new duty boots for a while.

Thanks for all the suggestions and we shall see if these can make it over 5 months. I chose the 8 inch side zip shown in the link below.

http://www.shoestoboot.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=2937&Category=403

ofire

Newly Enlightened
I have a pair of thorogood duty boots. They've lasted me 3 or so years now. The only bad things I can say about them is that the stitching is finally coming apart a little on the heel, the heel cup broke (but I don't tie them I have a zipper I leave unzipped) and the sole is finally wearing down to the point that I am thinking of getting them replaced. They polish easily and have a vibram sole that is replacable and the boot itself is completely repairable I belive. Not bad for $130? They are steel toe as well...

If you don't need a steel toe I also have a pair of bates that have a vibram sole I really like. They are gortex lined and water PROOF. On an MVA I stood in a ditch filled with water up to near the top of the boot for 20 minutes and my socks were completely dry!

Latest posts