Looking for a light.

LA33R

Newly Enlightened
Hey, this is my first post so let me just say hello!

I signed up to this forum to ask some questions for the people who know a thing or two about torches. I'm after a well made / durable light which is on sale in the UK. I'm looking for a flashlight which is brighter - the better, possibly with dimming functions to conserve batteries when I don't need to full brightness of the torch.

My budget is £80.00 and I've found a couple which look interesting.

1.) Fenix TK35 - £79.99 - 890Lumens / Strobe / Dimming.

2.) Maglight XL50 - £32.36 - Heard they are well made / only 104Lumens / Strobe / Dimming / A cheaper option, but how bright it 104Lumens?

3.) Maglight XL200 - £45-40 - Again, well made? / 172Lumens / Strobe / Dimming.

Any suggestions on other lights would be helpful along with if anyone knows if that Fenix TK35 is actually a good torch, and will it actually output 890Lumens, because surely 890Lumens is bright! I don't know much about Lumens but I have a general idea.

I would post links to these for sale but I'm not sure whether that is allowed.

Anyway what suggestions do you have and what do you think of the lights above?

Thanks again,
~ LA33R.

yliu

Enlightened
What do you use it for, and what size? The Fenix TK35 and Maglite XL series are very different lights for different application.

LA33R

Newly Enlightened
It would need to be pocket sized and bright. Used for walking down unlit, very dark tracks at night. I'm after something decent that will last the test of time that can also see far (the further the better). Must have a good spread of light aswell to briefly light up the area around me.

so functions I'm after;
- pocket sized, length isn't the matter, more about the chunkiness of the light.
- bright light to see long distances.
- must light up the area around the torch.

sorry if I'm not being clear but I don't know what to look for in a "good" or "performance" torch, it's not my area ofexpertise

HaileStorm

Enlightened
Welcome to cpf!!! :)

Check out the armytek predator xp-g2. Has 560 lumens but puts my 1000 lumen xm-l t6 thrower to shame. Firefly modes can run up to 120 days.

Otherwise, from the choices you presented, I'd go for the tk35 u2.

Last edited: