Looking for a single RCR123 edc

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd say Solarforce L2m host body & P60 drop in module as you want such as XP-G R5, XM-L, and so on.
It fits to one CR123A or RCR123A(16340).

Also I recommend you to replace the L2m tailcap with the McClicky Upgraded Solarforce L2-S7 Tailcap.
That switch is more comfortable and better than original one.

Burntrice

Newly Enlightened
HDS lights are specifically designed to take RCR and are among the best lights money can buy. I can't imagine why you would rule them out.

Two reasons, high cost, low output.
I've found the "HDS SYSTEMS EDC 170 T TACTICAL" on a uk website, its £145 and 170 lumen's. That's $237.. 170 Lumen's..

I don't consider that good value but regardless of the cost, I want more lumen's, simple as that.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just keep in mind that HDS lumens are honest to goodness out-the-front lumens rather than a theoretical calculation based on a best-case scenario.

Lighteous

Enlightened
Hi all, a while ago I asked this question and was suggested the nitecore extreme. I had my mind made up on this great looking light but now find out its discontinued.

So can I ask your fav single RCR lights? or even a list of them so i can sift through :)
Thanks all

Light Junction has two in stock! I may have been the one that suggested the Extreme. It is a nice light and it is too bad that it is discontinued.

http://www.lightjunction.com/nitecore-flashlights/nitecore-tactical/extreme.html?cPath=117_75_76

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Speaking of lumens, Nitecore is rather infamous for exaggerating their numbers.

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think i'm down to the final two.. I'm pretty sure the Thrunite is 255 lumens, not 450 and the Sunwayman V10R is 210 so no huge difference there.
I've also read about a wobbly head on the Thrunite and I dont really want or need strobe or SOS.
The Sunwayman V10R does have a great simple UI, no fancy stuff and the variable output is very cool.
As far as price goes, here in the UK the Sanwayman is £22 more than the Thrunite so not really enough to sway me.

Its a hard decision to make but i'm leaning towards the Sunwayman. As far as waiting for more XM-L, its been out the best part of a year already, I dont expect a flood of single RCR123's using XM-L any time soon.

Hmm Sunwayman or Thrulite...

Apparently the Thrunite 1C XM-L is 255 lumens on a disposable CR123 battery, but 450 lumens on a rechargeable 16340? Correct me someone???

If I had to buy one right now, and not wait for any XM-L model release, I guess I'd have to go for the V10R, for the style & upmarket styling, the compact size, the magnetic ring user interface which allows both the lazy underhand hand shake grip, while still using the overhand grip via the tail end clicky, and the continuously infinite brightness control which is so practical just out of bed at 2am in the morning.

The Ti version is considerably heavier, feels cold in the hand, and has a fully polished slippery surface when activating the tail end clicky via the overhand grip.
I like the Al version, coz it's featherlight @ 46 grams, has a nice grippy HA III matt surface, and so affordable...

Last edited: