Looking for I/R LEDs to replace T6 cree LEDs

carbon_arc

Newly Enlightened
Hi, be gentle please chaps and CHAPESSES! First time here and a bit unsure (Young 60+year old!)

I have a plethora of various torches with cree T6 leds fitted. Just sussed out how to bypass the circuitry on the board to make them a single beam as opposed to 3/5 different outputs! See I only want torches to fit on my and others Air Rifles for Night Vision use. Mainly for rabbits and possibly foxes and rats on and around Farms in West Yorkshire. But enough blather! Yes, I need to find a supplier of cree I/R LEDs for the 501/502/50..... Range of torches from, well you tell me! (Trust fire, sky wolf eye, all the Chinese lovies! )
So could any one help please?? I also have other questions. But not many doctors or lower deck lawyers about?? 🙈🙉🙊

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I've not experimented with IR torches, this is one of the better places to go:

An uber-quick search shows exactly one IR LED, I'm sure there are others.

One thing to consider is what the voltage requirements of the IR emitter you choose, those stock drivers may not be the best to achieve what you need. For custom drivers, try mtnelectronics.com/drivers

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetai...=/ha2pyFaduiffCftNaoKs6/rlVn/diMOKNN1YutkSwM=

MRsDNF

Newly Enlightened
I cant help you with Cree IR leds but did just build a B158 IR torch using a Luxeon 90 degree led on a 20mm ceramic insulated MCPCB. This did involve a little machining to make it all work. The results were very impressive running the led at 2.8 amps on high compared to the two reflector IR lights used for comparison.