Lost a pet today

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to all who lost their pets. I lost my cat of 11 years, Simon, to a heart condition. Simon was my first pet since I left home. I always hoped to find a cat with a good "personality" and Simon was it. He was healthy all his life, suddenly he was sick and gone three days later.

I hate writing about it because it brings back the painful last minutes of his life that I have been getting over. Of course, I never would try to forget him in life.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one Ferret (Marty) who I love dearly and can only imagine the pain! In 2001 I lost my first little ferrett (Monty..she was 9) and I remember thinking "what is wrong with me?!?!?" when I was so upset.

Keep your head up and remember you did your best!!! Gwin is in a better place dookin' and "carpet sharking" all over the place!!! :)

nbp

Flashaholic
Very sorry friend; our family just had to put our 13 yr old black lab to sleep on monday, so I can feel your pain. I thought I would take it better, but I sobbed...it's an extremely hard thing to do. She liked to chew up shoelaces, and I would gladly sacrifice all my shoelaces to her if it would meant we'd still have her. My sympathy goes out to you and your family. :mecry:

Nick

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
Last night, after 4 days of being in the animal hospital, we went to put down one of our cats - we actually inherrited this cat only 5 weeks ago - he's FIV+ (which we just found out) and was in the not eating/fatty liver syndrome mode. When we saw him, he was the best he's looked in a week - we decided last night was NOT the night. Today, he started eating again, and also had a feeding tube put in - looks like he might dodge the bullet. The big issue right now is my wife worries about having an FIV+ cat in the house with the other 3, and I'm saying "don't worry"

Latest posts